Setanta

muttleee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So it looks like Setanta's days might be numbered. What do you think this'll mean for USPGA Tour coverage in the UK? Sky might swoop in and buy up the rights for a song but on the other hand, maybe they've got used to life without them. :p

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Stories that I have read suggest that ESPN will try and pick up the decent rights and make a push into the UK market.

My main concern is that Sky pick up the Premiership rugby package.

rob2

Head Pro
Visit site
Not overly concered about the PGA coverage. More often than not I would rather watch the European tour events. The relentless ad breaks and soul destroying commentary via the golf channel drives me mental.

BUT, they had better finish showing the current season of the big break before they flick the switch :) :)

Rob2

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The rumour is ESPN for the football rights.

In my opinion the situation was insane to spread sports over 2 pay services. Would cost a fortune to watch all of the games I wanted to see.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Just been on the phone to cancel my subscription to Setanta.

Spoke to some plummy geek who persisted in trying to keep me subscribed.
Normally it was costing me £13 per month. I politely requested he cancel my subscription.
He then went and tried coaxing me to continue for £9 per month.
"I'd like to cancel please" said I.
"Well, we could perhaps continue your subscription for a trial period and charge just £5 per month" suggested the geek.
"What part of I wish to cancel my subscription don't you understand?" I said.
"There's no need to become aggressive" said geek. :eek:
"Who's been aggressive? I made a perfectly reasonable request to cancel and you've just tried the hard sell technique, I am not interested, would you please cancel?" I said.
"Oh well, you have to give one months notice in writing by letter or e mail" gloated the geek.
"You're having a laugh!" I said
"Er no, it's in your terms and conditions"
"Why didn't you tell me that right at the beginning of this conversation?" I asked.
"Well it's my job to persuade you to continue with us" spoke the chuffing geek.
"Thanks a bunch" I said and put the phone down.

A strongly worded e mail requesting cancellation will be winging its way very soon along with a complaint regarding their employees hard sell customer service tactics.

A now very ticked off ex Setanta customer. :mad:

It was crap anyway, too many adverts and ripped off Golf Channel programmes! :rolleyes:

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thats a shame as in my block of flats we're unable to get Sky ( No dishes allowed and not emough take up on the comuunal dish ) . I get Setanta through my BTVision box and whilst its not brillint , at least it gives me access to some Golf/football/Cricket.....so for peeps who say its wrong to have the various packages spread across acouple of broadcasters , remember not everyone can get Sky :(

D

Deleted member 1740

Personally i'll be gutted when they switch off because i get my moneys worth with the football/golf/racing uk and a few others but the only bonus is we won't have to listen to "Craig Burley's" woeful co-commentating.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Personally i'll be gutted when they switch off because i get my moneys worth with the football/golf/racing uk and a few others but the only bonus is we won't have to listen to "Craig Burley's" woeful co-commentating.

Agreed, I am hoping they pull through, even if this is looking unlikely. I would definitely miss the golf coverage, in addition to the other bits like you mention racing UK, domestic / international football, european rugby, boxing etc etc. I get the channels for nothing extra as well with the Virgin + XL package.

B

birdieman

I wont be bothered one jot if they fold as the reception I get when it rains or is even cloudy is hopeless, broken up picture and sometimes no signal at all. My sky coverage is perfect in comparison. I only wanted Setanta for USPGA golf so I hope Sky can take that golf on saving me paying Setanta for what is a poor service.

T

thecraw

Golf coverage is absolute garbage anyway and I for one couldnt care less if they go under however I do feel for the employees who may become jobless.

I cant stand the 300 minutes in the studio and 25 minutes live golf coverage they offer, often finishing broadcasting before the leaders are in the clubhouse etc.

Mickey mouse operation. Hope Sky get the USPGA Tour back on their agenda.