SealSkinz Socks

Mr Fastidious

Hacker
Visit site
Reading another thread (windandrain) people mentioned SealSkins socks but said they are quite thick.
Looking on their website they mention

Super Thin Mid Sock
Waterproof | Unisex
£27.50
A performance super thin and lightweight multi-use waterproof mid length sock. Created for conditions where minimal insulation, maximum waterproof performance, high breathability and moisture wicking properties are required

So I have just purchased a pair and also a pair of

Super Thin Ankle Sock
Waterproof | Unisex
£25.00
A performance super thin and lightweight multi-use waterproof ankle sock. Created for conditions where minimal insulation, maximum waterproof performance, high breathability and moisture wicking properties are required.

If you spend over £50 you get 20% off and if you spend under £50 use code FIRST15 for 15% off.

I will let you know how good they are when they arrive. (and it rains!)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Already use the Sealskinz and not had any issues with comfort or wet socks. They are thick and I did find them rough on their own but slip a thin pair of ordinary socks on first and they were perfect. Also got some Dexshell ones from Evans cycles for Christmas and they are much thinner but again I prefer mine over a pair of ordinary socks

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Already use the Sealskinz and not had any issues with comfort or wet socks. They are thick and I did find them rough on their own but slip a thin pair of ordinary socks on first and they were perfect. Also got some Dexshell ones from Evans cycles for Christmas and they are much thinner but again I prefer mine over a pair of ordinary socks

So did you have to go up a size in golf shoes to accommodate thick/2 pairs of socks? I can just about get away with wearing double thickness socks (the thinnish walking/golf type) in my golf shoes but can't envisage wearing 2 pairs of socks. Would feel like I was wearing hiking boots & gear!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
So did you have to go up a size in golf shoes to accommodate thick/2 pairs of socks? I can just about get away with wearing double thickness socks (the thinnish walking/golf type) in my golf shoes but can't envisage wearing 2 pairs of socks. Would feel like I was wearing hiking boots & gear!

Sealskinz definitely are going to make tight fitting shoes much tighter and, like others I wear ordinary summer socks underneath.i usually don't buy shoes that are tight fitting though

D

Deleted member 16999

Sealskinz do all thickness of socks, they are not specifically designed for Golf more so outdoor pursuits.
Most golfers who use them, tend to do so in winter, when, imo, they come into there own, that’s also when the thicker socks provide more warmth.
I wear them without inners and don’t wear different size shoes when I do.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would describe my Sealskinz socks as being like old style football socks. I don't wear an inner sock and I don't have an issue with fitting into my normal sized golf shoes when wearing them.

D

Deleted member 16999

I would describe my Sealskinz socks as being like old style football socks. I don't wear an inner sock and I don't have an issue with fitting into my normal sized golf shoes when wearing them.
I got some actual Sealskinz football socks from their clearance sale, basically Sealskinz to above the ankle and the rest to the knee normal footy socks, love em :rofl: