Scoring software suggestion

V

vkurup

Just got a Garmin G6.. awesome toy. Anyways, it keeps scores and does basic things like number of putts, GIR, FIR.

Now I have this data, I would like to analyse this.. Any one has any (free) score analysis software ?

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
i have golfshot on my iphone for keeping my stats the lite version is a free download, simple to input and i find effective enough for my requirements.

thelank1985

Assistant Pro
Visit site
as pbrown said golfshot here to holds loads of stats and can record distances hit with each club using the GPS. great way to start to build how far you hit each club even if its a miss hit :)

V

vkurup

Tnks gents,

Yup, garmin G6 does both (keep scores and distances). However that is for one game only.

What I am looking for is to download all my scores to the PC and then run a full on analytics across games e.g. how many GIRs, avg for P3, P4 and P5s, FIRs.

I could download them onto a simple excel and create some pivot tables and graphs. but a bit lazy to do so, and was seeing if there is an easier option

TheMetalMan0

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Golf Shake and OOB Golf are pretty good online trackers. The free versions are good enough but you can pay some extra for additional stats. Advantage of those is you can get them anywhere you have internet access and OOB has an app if you're into that kind of thing.
Both are similar to GolfShot as mentioned above.

V

vkurup

think scoresaver2 is a very good package about £35 one off hit but if you can download from garmin straight in may be worth while?

pb.. now we are talking.. do u mean I can get scoresaver2 from Garmin?.. is there a link somewhere?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Pretty certain you can't download directly into Scoresaver 2. However there is a simple scorecard ticksheet you fill in as you play which you cna then replicate into the system.

Best thing abot SS2 is the depth of information it gives you. Add in the fact you can record practice session details, lesson drills and notes etc for my money it is great value for a one off hit. You can download a one month trial version

thelank1985

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Pretty certain you can't download directly into Scoresaver 2. However there is a simple scorecard ticksheet you fill in as you play which you cna then replicate into the system.

Best thing abot SS2 is the depth of information it gives you. Add in the fact you can record practice session details, lesson drills and notes etc for my money it is great value for a one off hit. You can download a one month trial version

That looks really good. I like the fact you can store your practice information in it as well. being a software developer it doesn't look the nicest but you can't fault the functionality.

V

vkurup

being a software developer it doesn't look the nicest but you can't fault the functionality.

I was hoping someone has done a simple excel with Macros/VBA that I could use.. alas... If wishes were courses..

V

vkurup

Homer.. just downloaded Scoresaver2. Looks like I need to create each course manually (hole, par, SI etc).. Is there a faster way to upload an excel or something?