Sabbatini joins Adams

Gasp

Head Pro
Visit site
Just read that Rory Sabbatini has left Nike to play Adams clubs. Considering last year was his best ever on tour seems an odd decision to change clubs.
Do we hear the subtle influences of a certain T. Woods in the ear of Nikes CEO, him not being young Sabbas greatest fan? Or is my penchant for conspiracy theories getting the better of me, and this was, as it usually is with the pros, purely a fiscal decision.

T

thecraw

Sabbatini has the ability to be a multiple winner and IMO can win a major. Dont think his decision to leave Nike would have anything to do with TW. TW is too much of a gentleman and would rather do his talking on the golf course.

Adams have signed a few players and are growing all the time.

B

birdieman

I'm sure it's just fiscal, Tiger can beat Sabbatini no matter what clubs he uses, he isn't concerned with other players just focuses on his own goals. I'm not overly keen on Sabbatini, talks the talk but can't really walk the walk plus he's got an annoying sunburnt little face!

T

thecraw

Birdieman, I have a habit of disagreeing with people today and you have joined the list. I think Rory can walk the walk and has the ability. Yes he can be a little gobsh1te but he has an awesome talent.

Sabbatini is one to watch.

B

birdieman

Interesting craw, I'm not convinced he has the patience to get right to the top - bit fiery, liable to let the head go down too easily. There are a few young South Africans about that may do better than Sabbatini - Haig, Immelman, Schwarzel etc.

T

thecraw

Right, lets put a cyber pint on it!

I say Rory will win a minimum of 2 tournaments this year and will be in the top five at at least one major this year!

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
We shall see what happens in the future. For me personally, I think that sabbatini will not have the temperament to cut it at the very highest peaks of our game. I think he is going to be like sergio, always the bridesmaid and never the bride in my view, I can't see garcia ever winning a major.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sabbatini's getting nowhere with that swing. Sorry do disagree with anyone but it's worse than John Daly's flail. No control. Will serve him well in the land of the boring flat courses (same shot every time) but he'll never ever ever win the only golf tournament worth winning. I'll bet my mortgage on it.

DCB

Visit site
Gasp
His wife does an interesting line in T-shirts. See WAGS pics on main site.

Wasn't she the one who wore a rather silly T Shirt having a go at Paul Casey after his misquoted comment about Americans and travel ?

mooseantler

Visit site
I say he doesn't want to be in Tigers' shadow any more, he wants to be a manufactureres leading PGA Tour pro (Tom Watson without a doubt is Adams best client)

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sabbatini's getting nowhere with that swing. Sorry do disagree with anyone but it's worse than John Daly's flail. No control. Will serve him well in the land of the boring flat courses (same shot every time) but he'll never ever ever win the only golf tournament worth winning. I'll bet my mortgage on it.

I take it you're referring to the same John Daly that's won 2 majors then John?
I disagree. I think he is well capable of winning a Major. He has the right kind of attitude for a winner. Bloody mindedness and to hell with everyone who doesn't like him.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
We'll agree to disagree, Atticus.

At least Big John had a lovely touch, too and he was a great worker of the ball. I like Sabbatini's spirit, can't ask for more, but I still don't think he's got the game for an Open title. Might be proved wrong... usually am.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can't say I'm convinced by Sabbatini yet. He seems to have most of what he needs (especially that bloody mindedness) but he stikes me (as someone who's only seen him on the box) as a bit petulant at times. That he needs to fix.

On leaving Nike - I doubt it was all his own idea. Wouldn't be suprised if they wanted to gag him.

stevelockie

Head Pro
Visit site
Rory is a bit of the panto villian. Golf's a more interesting place with characters like him.

Good golfer, aggressive, don't think he's a major winner though.