Ryan Giggs

4LEX

Visit site
I've never liked him. English man turned Welch and a Manure player. Hate him actually.

Not true. He played for England schoolboys as he went to school in England. He was never able to play for England's national teams.

Great player who reinvented his game from rapid winger to a playmaker in his final 5-6 years, very few players have two careers in different positions that can be considered world class.

Off the pitch the less said the better.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Not true. He played for England schoolboys as he went to school in England. He was never able to play for England's national teams.

Great player who reinvented his game from rapid winger to a playmaker in his final 5-6 years, very few players have two careers in different positions that can be considered world class.

Off the pitch the less said the better.
I had this discussion with me lad earlier today. Did he play for England schoolboys. ?
According to Wikipedia he play at U16 national for England ( 1 game).

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
And was born in Cardiff - so Welsh.
I wouldn’t deny that, but my lad was saying he played for England schools because he went to school in England but wiki says England U16 international. But as you say he is Welsh.

Swango1980

Visit site
I had this discussion with me lad earlier today. Did he play for England schoolboys. ?
According to Wikipedia he play at U16 national for England ( 1 game).
If you stayed on the Wiki page a little longer, you would have read:

"Born in Cardiff to Welsh parents, Giggs represented Wales at international level. As a youngster, Giggs captained England Schoolboys, but contrary to popular belief, he was never eligible for the senior England team (eligibility at the schoolboy level depends solely upon the location of the school, in Giggs' case Moorside High School in Salford).[117] In October 2009, new rules were introduced for the Home Nations' associations that would have enabled Giggs to represent England had he not already represented Wales in an official competition"

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is it because he’s a UTD player.
It’s only all alleged.
It’s a good job some on here are not on his jury. :eek:
Young women have been known to tell porkies, look at Rooney v Vardy.
I will wait until the evidence has proved his guilt or not.

D

Deleted member 1147

You may be onto something here…..

From Docherty to Greenwood there’s been a few right pests come from that club.
Maybe it's just a general thing about footballers thinking they're above the law. There have been plenty of them in recent times, rapists, nonce's etc including coaches

Swango1980

Visit site
If you stayed on the Wiki page a little longer, you would have read:

"Born in Cardiff to Welsh parents, Giggs represented Wales at international level. As a youngster, Giggs captained England Schoolboys, but contrary to popular belief, he was never eligible for the senior England team (eligibility at the schoolboy level depends solely upon the location of the school, in Giggs' case Moorside High School in Salford).[117] In October 2009, new rules were introduced for the Home Nations' associations that would have enabled Giggs to represent England had he not already represented Wales in an official competition"
Just did a bit more digging outside of Wiki. In relation to his appearance for the U16, the following was stated:

"International representation laws at the time meant Giggs—who has no ties to England other than residency—couldn't have played for England's senior team even if he wanted, though those rules have since changed"

Swango1980

Visit site
Maybe it's just a general thing about footballers thinking they're above the law. There have been plenty of them in recent times, rapists, nonce's etc including coaches
You mean like some "normal" people thinking they are above the law? Last time I checked, the prison system isn't 100% footballers :)