Royal Ashdown GC

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Played it years ago and really enjoyed it. Plot your way round and don't lash at the driver! Even on some short par 4's it's not worth the risk. Seem to remember the 18th is a big hole to finish, with clumps of heather.

Enjoy it!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Played it years ago and really enjoyed it. Plot your way round and don't lash at the driver! Even on some short par 4's it's not worth the risk. Seem to remember the 18th is a big hole to finish, with clumps of heather.

Enjoy it!

Sounds like a course you could hit six iron off a lot of tees Simon.:whistle:

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Enjoy it!

Must admit I did look at the scorecard on the website and I was surprised by how short some of the par 4's were. Will try my best to resist the driver!

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
How did you get on?

Enjoyed the course and day. Some cracking holes on a course with no bunkers but plenty of heather! Used the 3 wood on most of the par 4's and even par 5's, as there was very little benefit going with the big dog.

Shot 39 points, so that helps and the sun was out all day. Interesting that out of the 4 ball the points were 39, 35, 34 and 33 so we all played well on a new course.

Only dissapointment for me was the greens, which were not top notch, but not really bad. 6/10 greens I would say. Interesting that out of the 4 of us, 2 loved the course, 1 thought it was 'ok' and 1 said he hated it and would never play it again!

S

Snelly

I think it is overrated. What was the food like? Last time I was there it was absolutely awful.

You are much better off at Crowborough Beacon or Piltdown in that area of Sussex. Absolutely gorgeous and usually in excellent condition.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think it is overrated. What was the food like? Last time I was there it was absolutely awful.

You are much better off at Crowborough Beacon or Piltdown in that area of Sussex. Absolutely gorgeous and usually in excellent condition.

Only had a sandwich, which was ok. Have heard good things about Crowborough, so may give that a go next. We played this course for £40 each, must say I would not have been too happy paying the full £80 green fee considering the state of the greens and some of the tees/fringe areas. For £80 you should be getting a course in faultless condition imo.