Robbie Williams

B

birdieman

Way off topic here but what's the general consensus on this guy?

From being a firm disliker of him 10 years ago I quite like him now.

This is the new single which is pretty good imo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjDNbaX6M...&playnext=1

A fine return to form I reckon, verse is so-so but a stonking chorus! :rolleyes:

ps if you're laptop/pc/mac speakers are as tinny as mine you'll need headphones to do the tune justice!

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
I like his music, or at least some of it and of all of the Take That boys he's got the best ear for a decent tune, if nothing else he is a born entertainer.

However, he is a suicide waiting to happen if you ask me!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Natural entertainer but not the greatest voice in the world. He's brilliant live where to be honest his voice isn't always as important as his performance and he always delviers on that score. I like the guy and Mrs H is a huge fan. I saw the X Factor performance and again vocally he sounded a bit off and he certainly looked to be bouncing off walls and definitely to hyper to be normal

EaseNgrace

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I absolutely hate the stupid p***k with a passion. He has absolutely no talent to speak of, There is nobody in the music industry as over-rated as him. If his new song is the row he was blurting out on x-factor the other night like some kind of born again christian, I hope I never have to hear it again. I think he's just run out of drug money so he got some goon to write him another attempted comeback song.
:mad:

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
So you could take him or leave him then easengrace?

I like him, he looked like he was on something to sort his nerves on Xfactor, not being long out of rehab i'd be amazed if it wasnt prescription.

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He did look a little 'plugged -in', but the guy is a born entertainer, you cant deny that.

And yes, I agree, anything could happen to him at anytime, ala Wacko Jacko.

I guess thats what fame, adulation, and his £80M recording contract do to you eh ?

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Entertainer - he's one of the very best IMO.
I particularly enjoyed his one man show of the late Frank Sinatra. Only he could carry off something as good as that, showing what a hero he was to him.
Let's hope he keeps himself together to entertain us some more!

Golfmmad.

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Barlow's a better writer, if that counts for anything.

And I think it's fair to say that the Take That boys put on a better show as well.

Not that I've seen either to be honest - I'm saving up the pennies to try to get to see Dr Feelgood.

Much more my cup of tea. :cool:

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I couldn't judge him as I don't know him personally, can't really go on his public persona, all entertainers have a public and personal face, he could be a very nice guy or a ***, I'll never know. :rolleyes:

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I couldn't judge him as I don't know him personally, can't really go on his public persona, all entertainers have a public and personal face, he could be a very nice guy or a ***, I'll never know. :rolleyes:

I've always had the feeling that he's no Alice Cooper. I reckon that what you see is pretty much what you get.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think he is an egotistical prat. He assumed his cheeky chappy routine would conquer America. It didn't, so maybe the Americans have more sense than I normally give them credit for.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
I think there is a fine line between arrogance and cockyness and that line moves as we get older. Robbie has been living on the wrong side of this line for about 6 yrs IMO, he needs to step away from the yes men and get a life before its to late.

janmolby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think he's a plonker to be honest, too full of himself, though I can imagine his concerts would be pretty good.

Yes he was off his tits at the X Factor but at least he sang live, unlike last years winner..... Strange she needed to use Dermot's mike when answering his questions yet she had one all through her routine!!!!! It was the same as Britney last year, Simon was falling all over himself praising her but forgot to mention that all she did was dance around whilst showing off her knickers.

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I think he is an Angel, he has Entertained me all Millennium.

Yes, he has Come Undone, but he is Misunderstood. On Lazy Days he wanders down The Road To Mandalay looking for a woman so he can say She's The One. He has No Regrets and hopes he is Old Before He Dies as he wants to see his Kids grow up...

Sorry...

B

birdieman

It was the same as Britney last year, Simon was falling all over himself praising her but forgot to mention that all she did was dance around whilst showing off her knickers.

Good point well put! :D