RIP Stenson's 3 Wood

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Players using older clubs:

Didn't Westwood use a G10 driver for several years?
When Nike went kaput, I seem to remember Casey using Nike clubs for several years too. I'm assuming he has changed now?

You have loads of players who have had the same putter for years, but that's not really surprising.
I think Casey has moved to Mizuno irons, but Fleetwood was also using his old Nike's for a long time. I remember a story where Casey was begging to buy Fleetwood's spare set off him but he declined, or something like that. I think Tommy has moved to some TM blades, according to GM's latest 'in the bag' for him.

D

Deleted member 18588

I think Casey has moved to Mizuno irons, but Fleetwood was also using his old Nike's for a long time. I remember a story where Casey was begging to buy Fleetwood's spare set off him but he declined, or something like that. I think Tommy has moved to some TM blades, according to GM's latest 'in the bag' for him.

Reverse the roles.

Fleetwood was semi-seriously asking Casey if he had any remaining Nike club heads.

Westwood has historically been reluctant to use Ping's latest irons but more willing to take advantage of new technology in drivers.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Reverse the roles.

Fleetwood was semi-seriously asking Casey if he had any remaining Nike club heads.

Westwood has historically been reluctant to use Ping's latest irons but more willing to take advantage of new technology in drivers.
Ah that's the one!

I Googled this the other day, and it turns out there are a few pros still using Ping's S55 irons. Bubba was certainly one but there were one or two others I forget who. Googling it again - Marcus Kinhult is another one apparently.

Just saw this on an article about Langer's bag as well:

"He still uses an Adams Idea Pro hybrid, a trusty club that Langer uses an awful lot.
From his woods down, it has been difficult in the past to know exactly what he uses as there’s a lot of lead tape on his irons and wedges covering the branding.
Right now it appears as if he carries four different models of iron. The four-iron is a Ping S55, then he has Artisan blades in the five and nine-irons. From six to eight he uses Adams Idea pro Black MB’s and finally he has a TaylorMade RSi TP pitching wedge. Quite the eclectic mix I am sure you agree!"

o_O

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Just saw this on an article about Langer's bag as well:

"He still uses an Adams Idea Pro hybrid, a trusty club that Langer uses an awful lot.
From his woods down, it has been difficult in the past to know exactly what he uses as there’s a lot of lead tape on his irons and wedges covering the branding.
Right now it appears as if he carries four different models of iron. The four-iron is a Ping S55, then he has Artisan blades in the five and nine-irons. From six to eight he uses Adams Idea pro Black MB’s and finally he has a TaylorMade RSi TP pitching wedge. Quite the eclectic mix I am sure you agree!"

o_O
Further on Langer's 'eclectic' set-up...Here's an article about how a couple of the clubs got into his bag.
https://www.pgatour.com/equipmentre...h-on-bernhard-langers-custom-artisan-iro.html

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Further on Langer's 'eclectic' set-up...Here's an article about how a couple of the clubs got into his bag.
https://www.pgatour.com/equipmentre...h-on-bernhard-langers-custom-artisan-iro.html
That was really interesting, thanks for that. I've never heard of anyone else treating each iron so individually, it's just weird to me. I'd have thought you want some consistency through the bag, like if you like a 7 & 8 iron why wouldn't you also like the 9 iron?? Langer is certainly meticulous.. and a bit crazy by the looks of it.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
That was really interesting, thanks for that. I've never heard of anyone else treating each iron so individually, it's just weird to me. I'd have thought you want some consistency through the bag, like if you like a 7 & 8 iron why wouldn't you also like the 9 iron?? Langer is certainly meticulous.. and a bit crazy by the looks of it.
His caddy (Terry Holt) for 11 years is the same (meticulous), as was his previous (for 22 years) one (Pete Coleman) who 'moved' simply to stay in Europe (vs frequent/constant inter-continental travel).

There are a couple of other (both Senior) Tournament Pros with eclectic bags, but I can't remember them off hand. They simply use the clubs they feel comfortable/confident with.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
His caddy (Terry Holt) for 11 years is the same (meticulous), as was his previous (for 22 years) one (Pete Coleman) who 'moved' simply to stay in Europe (vs frequent/constant inter-continental travel).

There are a couple of other (both Senior) Tournament Pros with eclectic bags, but I can't remember them off hand. They simply use the clubs they feel comfortable/confident with.
Steve Stricker might be one that you're thinking of? Still using the Titleist 913 driver, and 11-year-old 755 irons according to this.

Stensen may have retired his Octane but I believe he's still rocking the Legacy Black V's from 2012....
Quite right, he is according to GM's most recent 'in the bag' for him.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I remeber seeing what Tom Lehman had in his bag a few years ago in one of the mags, almost every club was different
Good shout: https://www.golfdigest.com/story/th...-mitsubishi-electric-championship-at-hualalai

Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha Epic, 10.5 degrees
Hybrids: Tour Edge Exotics CBX (16, 18 degrees)
Irons (4): TaylorMade Tour Preferred; (5-8): TaylorMade Burner; (9): TaylorMade MC Forged 11; (PW): Ping iBlade
Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind (50 degrees); Ping Glide Forged (54 degrees); Callaway MD3 Milled (60 degrees)

:LOL: