RIP Olivia Newton-John

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Some deaths just sadden more than others and this is one for me. Grease one of my top films and just loved her character Sandy. Her voice was gorgeous too. Sad...

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My wife's breast cancer journey is similar to ONJ so a very sad moment for us.
The threat and worry never leaves you.
My wife is now 5 years clear after three major operations and much chemo and radiation treatment.
Her resultant bowel problems seem to be getting better.
A year down without any flare ups. (y)
We continue to live in hope and enjoy our lives.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My wife's breast cancer journey is similar to ONJ so a very sad moment for us.
The threat and worry never leaves you.
My wife is now 5 years clear after three major operations and much chemo and radiation treatment.
Her resultant bowel problems seem to be getting better.
A year down without any flare ups. (y)
We continue to live in hope and enjoy our lives.
Exactly what my wife has been saying these last two days - even though she herself is now 5yrs post diagnosis with BC. The news of ONJ really hit home and has upset her.

And yes…we are frustrated that other family circumstances are constraining, as they have for the last year constrained, what we can do…and the news really highlighted to her that she must somehow, and as best she can, break free of these constraints as she has a life to live and is only in remission…and others looking on often forget that and the worry she lives with every day.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Exactly what my wife has been saying these last two days - even though she herself is now 5yrs post diagnosis with BC. The news of ONJ really hit home and has upset her.

And yes…we are frustrated that other family circumstances are constraining, as they have for the last year constrained, what we can do…and the news really highlighted to her that she must somehow, and as best she can, break free of these constraints as she has a life to live and is only in remission…and others looking on often forget that and the worry she lives with every day.

Yes, constraining is a good description, simple thing like going out for a meal or even a coffee are now rare for us.
At our lovely garden centre my wife stood in front of a delicious display of cakes and pastries before saying to the server that they all look lovely but there is nothing there that I can eat.
I could not possible sit down and eat something in front of her that she used to really enjoy. :cry: