RIP Harry Billinge

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Absolute hero. A million miles away from the Poundland Patriots who for all their bravado wouldn't have been within a million miles of Sword beach that fateful day.
Rest in peace because of your courage I'm free to write this.
I first saw him on breakfast TV, I think Naga Nuchetty interviewed him. What a lovely sincere guy he was.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I first saw him on breakfast TV, I think Naga Nuchetty interviewed him. What a lovely sincere guy he was.

I remember him popping up regularly on BBC breakfast whenever the D-day remembrance events took place. One of only four in his unit to survive puts into context in a tiny way how horrific that day was and something we can never truly put into context

D

Deleted member 15344

Absolute hero. A million miles away from the Poundland Patriots who for all their bravado wouldn't have been within a million miles of Gold beach that fateful day.
Rest in peace because of your courage I'm free to write this.

Not sure what a Poundland Patriot is

Listening to some of the guys that stormed the beaches is awe inspiring- we did a few trips to Normandy both when in the military going with recruits

They will always have our respect and heart felt thanks for the sacrifices they made

Rest In Peace Harry - you earned it

Leftitshort

Visit site
A Poundland Patriot is someone who at every turn never ceases to remind you how great this country is and how much better we are than the rest and yet you know full well would throw a sickie if called upon to prove his patriotism. Every boozer has one.
They wouldn’t have had a choice, it was a conscript army. We would be stuffed though nowadays, most can’t break into a jog never mind run up gold beach
RIP Harry. There aren’t many left. My wife’s grandad recently passed. He was in Africa, had some cracking stories