right elbow

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
been working on the swing with the pro recently and slowly its coming on a better flatter angle and a better ball flight. The only problem im suffering now is my right elbow sticks out like a chicken wing near the top of the swing. He said he would like to see it in more but we been working so hard trying to sort my general swing out we havent done this yet as got alot bigger fish to fry. Thought i would try and sort it my self ready for the next lesson. Been up range alot recently really grinding it out filming my self and watchin it in slow mo but not sure how to tuck my wing in a bit.
Last lesson we was concentrating on a better turn in my shoulders and still the flatter takeaway and not coming back to the ball outside it.

i never seen it as a problem before but now hes mentioned it i know im doing it and wouldnt mind stopping it before next lesson. Im also feeling when i throw my hands and can now understand why i am doing a bad shot and what i did wrong during the swing.

tallpaul

Head Pro
Visit site
Tuck a headcover under your right arm, practice not letting it fall as you swing and see how this feels?

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
would this not force me to having my hands to close to me at address? which was another thing we had been working on giving myslf more room so the club could come back through

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
A good drill if you want to keep it tucked in is. At address hold a football best only half inflated or a beachball between your elbows, practice your swing with no ball dont let the ball drop. It will help give you the feeling of where your elbow should be. Harder to do than it sounds.