Right elbow at the top

m10johnson

Head Pro
Visit site
As part of my university coursework I have to my swing against "the perfect model", so I have chosen Luke Donald.

Anyway when looking at certain parts of my swing I noticed that my right elbow/ shoulder has around a 90 degree bend compared to someone like Luke who's is around 50 degrees.

Driverrightarmangle.png

As part of presentation I have to say what training you would use to fix certain issues, but this is something I really don't have a clue about. Any drills that could be used to address this issue would be extremely grateful.

Just to add, I know that I have a slight overswing. Is this the issue?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Glove under right and left armpit. Your swing looks like it's on a higher plane so your right arm will tend to disconnect from your side. different swing = different positions.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
You look quite tall. So this will have a bearing. A bit of a flying elbow there. Do as "JO"(need a lie down, agreed with James:whistle:) says above. Also your stance is a tad closed to the stick on the ground.

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Agreed. Something under the pits and dont let it fall!

Faldo and Leadbetter came up with their 'swing link' which aimed for more connection between the arms and the body.