Rickie Fowler un-tucked - opinions?

Hovisbap

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Rickie Fowler pushed the boundaries of dress etiquette to the max again, at the Sentry Tournament of Champions in Hawaii. It doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I'm sure there are a few clubs who won't be pleased if the general membership start turning up looking like that :mmm:

Attachments

• Fowler untucked.JPG
    Fowler untucked.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 25

Digger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Changing times, we have to move with them.
I'm an old stick in the mud golfing dress code fart, but I have to admit, some of the younger lads at our club look really smart in their modern gear. I'm quite envious that this apparel wasn't around when I was younger. Having said that, I used to cut a dash in my Pringle jumper. ;)

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No issues with what Fowler was wearing he looked rather smart. Not like the Fat Lads you see that turn up with the loudmouth trousers and bright shirts, now these guys need to have a good long look at themselves :whoo:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
can't see the problem, its Hawaii and he was wearing a Hawaiian shirt, which are not meant to be tucked in. i can't imagine he is the first player to ever have worn one of these at this tournament.

Hovisbap

Assistant Pro
Visit site
can't see the problem, its Hawaii and he was wearing a Hawaiian shirt, which are not meant to be tucked in. i can't imagine he is the first player to ever have worn one of these at this tournament.

Shame Rickie didn't pair it with a pair of matching shorts ....

That would have caused a meltdown

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
He can wear what he likes (or his sponsors demand).

However, if that Club has a dress code then ALL players should conform.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
So if your pro shop sold these at your club and/or they are specific golfing attire, which is the expression mainly used in dress code descriptions, there’s nothing stopping you wearing them on the course or around the clubhouse.

Have at look at your own websites and guidelines, how many actually say, ‘shirts tucked in’?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
No issues with what Fowler was wearing he looked rather smart. Not like the Fat Lads you see that turn up with the loudmouth trousers and bright shirts, now these guys need to have a good long look at themselves :whoo:

The old look at us middle aged men wearing wacky trousers brigade,aren’t we mental.

Cringe

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The old look at us middle aged men wearing wacky trousers brigade,aren’t we mental.

Cringe

Yep that's them the fat lads with the loud gear on, they would be better of with a pair to track suit bottoms on and doing a 5 mile run on the treadmill

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I would be better off wearing his outfit that the tight shirts that Rory and Jason Day are featuring these days. The one with the strange collar.
This is something more people can get away with,I think.