Rewards4golf (NOT)!!

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
Just been reading this months GM, found an article on p33 about an online site that gives you reward points for your retail shopping , all you do is register your payment cards with this company and they know when and what you purchased , and add your reward points for you to collect and redeem when you wish . I assume there is some kind of market research into peoples shopping habits going on here?
Now here's the rub! in order to obtain a lowly basic golf glove you need to accrue 5250 reward points . The best retailer on there will reward you 10 points for every pound spent , by my reckoning that means you would have to spend over £500 to get the glove 'woopeedoo'
Deal or no Deal? :( :( :( :(

You can get a set of golf clubs , but i think you've got to buy British airways to get them!!

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only if you pay for everything using card in a month including all your direct debits & then pay off your card to its entirety every month & then it would be worth doing.

Never been a fan of rewards cards... My reaction is don't give me money back, give me money off at source.

Rant over.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At the end of the day whether its points or pounds, then it really is the same thing in my book as you'd only get the same value back whichever it is..

For instance if Tesco's or Sainsburies actually charged less for their products rather than giving points to customers who took out their cards, then they'd probably get more custom than they do, they'd certainly get mine more often & I have a Tesco pints card, which I always forget when we go there.

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm not a great beleiver any any of these offers and reward cards , But my wife is just great at taking advantage with the tesco clubcard she really works the system .Over the last couple of years we have had
1 week in Kos
1 week in the Maldives
3 cars serviced at nationwide auto centres
numerous meals at London restaurants
numerous theme park tickets
and more !
If you work it right you can get something like £100 of deals for £30 of shopping . Multiply that up and it ends up a lot of money. You do end up with a lot of 'stock' but we just knock it out at boot sales for whatever we can get.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
A bloke got done for that a while ago andycap, they took him to court and barred him from having another clubcard. Good work for doing it.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My brother's a computer engineer building and installing systems for private and commercial. He buys all his stock with his Tesco credit card, pays it off each month and reaps in loadsa points. The family gets a really good foreign holiday each year on it. I say if they're giving it away via points or at source, if you're spending the money you might as well get something back.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Either Tesco or Nectar points pay for my GM subscription so cannot complain.

Also had effectively free boxes of balls using Onlinegolf points