Resort Courses in east anglia, herts and Essex?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not sure if anyone can give feedback on the below courses, it’s a friends 40th birthday this year and I’ve been roped into arranging it via his lovely wife. We will be playing first week of August.

Group will be 8 people with mixed abilities from low teens to low twenty’s in HC so it needs to be enjoyable for all. Yourgolftravel have come up with the below

Stoke by nayland - I’ve played this so know what we’d be getting.

Barnham broom

Crowne plaza Five lakes.

We’ve chosen this sort of area as most playing are from south London and he is from Grantham.

Any feed back or other suggestions welcome.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They are probably your best bet....maybe Sprowston Manor in Norwich is an option too.

Barnham Broom does have 2 courses though, so get a bit of variety..and in August they will probably both be in good condition.

Also have a hotel and golf course at Fornham St Martin near Bury St Edmunds. Recently had some cash thrown at it, and it is a nice layout with some decent holes. All Saints Hotel it is called I believe

D

Deleted member 21258

Hintlesham golf club with the hall as hotel iirc (not played it for years so assume it is still open but was quite nice from what I can remember)

abbotsley golf club, but think i read had closed, the main course was quite nice.

Langdon hills golf club, 3 loops of nine with accommodation on site but don't know about bar open till later, 2 loops of 9 are okay, the other is very short

I would put SBN and BB above five lakes .

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Hintlesham golf club with the hall as hotel iirc (not played it for years so assume it is still open but was quite nice from what I can remember)

abbotsley golf club, but think i read had closed, the main course was quite nice.

Langdon hills golf club, 3 loops of nine with accommodation on site but don't know about bar open till later, 2 loops of 9 are okay, the other is very short

I would put SBN and BB above five lakes .

The greens at abbotsley we’re poisoned a few years ago and still haven’t recovered which is a shame is it was a decent set up