Refunds when Outgoing flight cancelled

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sure I have this right. We have a flight booked from Manchester to Gran Canaria with EasyJet which hs been cancelled In November. Our return is from Tenerife to Manchester with EasyJet. We had a flight between the 2 islands where we will lose money.

I feel we should be entitled to a refund for the return flight.

Any advice/ thoughts would be appreciated

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Did you book all flights through easyjet? If you did, then my understanding is you will be entitled to a full refund for all legs of the flight.
If you booked through different airlines for the gran canaria to tenerife leg, then you will struggle to claim all back from easyjet.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Did you book all flights through easyjet? If you did, then my understanding is you will be entitled to a full refund for all legs of the flight.
If you booked through different airlines for the gran canaria to tenerife leg, then you will struggle to claim all back from easyjet.
All booked through EasyJet.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We had the same situation. Automatically given a refud for the return lights. Also claim compensation through their portal. I did, takes 2 mins, we got awarded £220 each.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We had the same situation. Automatically given a refud for the return lights. Also claim compensation through their portal. I did, takes 2 mins, we got awarded £220 each.
Thanks for your reply Saint.
I have written to The CEO twice and have had replies from 2 separate people with Indian sounding names lashing themselves as Executive support which I find difficult to believ.

I also spent 45 minutes on the phone with and Indian person who said the refund is in hand but it is still on my active bookings. They keep stating the return flight is still going which I know. They may not understand that Gran Canaria and Tenerife are close and I have lost money as we bought a non refundable flight between the islands.

I am just going round in circles and I have considered Section 75 but it is a bit drastic. Added to that Easy Jet have cancelled so many flights I have no idea of the amount to claim as this was a flight booked following a previous cancellatio.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The claim is a set amount, £220 per person, although it may be less depending on how much notice they give you. Theu have a portal for it on their website it literally takes 2 mins. Also we didn't need to talk to anyone, we were given the option to get a refund for the cancelled outbound flight on the 'manage my booking' page then the return was automatically refunded as well.