Recommendations - 1/4 or 1/2 zip waterproof jacket.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Looking for recommendations on a quarter zip or half zip water proof jacket.

Preferably lined so that I can just wear a base layer+tee shirt / long sleeve tee underneath. The biggest issue is in dropping weight at the rate rapidly so do not see the point in going GG AS I estimate it will only be until April / May before I need to change it again.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a nike Hyperadapt? think thats what it was, jacket a couple years back, and it was excellent in the rain, I still wear it now as a jacket if its wet out, cant imagine Nike would have gone backwards so their stuff must be worth a shout in one of the outlet stores OS.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
proquip or footjoy look to have some good options if GG is ruled out. I'd have a rummage around the online retailers to see what offers are available right now.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Cheers for the suggestions Hayes & val. are they both lined and more so idea on the fit compared with say pROGRIP or GG

I’m noticing as rule GG and UA seem to come up almost a size smaller,

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a Sunderland goretex 1/4 zip pullover jacket thats excellent. I also have a Sunice 1/4 zip half sleeve thats excellent as well. Both are dry in all weathers, the half sleeve Sunice being just a tad more versatile for all weathers and temperatures.

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Cheers for the suggestions Hayes & val. are they both lined and more so idea on the fit compared with say pROGRIP or GG

I’m noticing as rule GG and UA seem to come up almost a size smaller,

I had a proquip before that and it comes up similar size but alot more fitted if that makes sense. Its just tighter at the sides rather than bin baggy (Im not great at painting pictures with words :rofl: )Its not lined but it keeps me very warm. I find majority of time when im wearing a waterproof and walking and playing shots i get pretty warm though.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I got my proquip tourflex 360 from there last Christmas , great service and price 100% agree. Problem is it’s too bloody Big! Worn less than 10 times and due to the weight loss it’s gotta go and as per the opening post I am aiming for something on the economy side as I’m 100% on dropping another size!