Re-gripping clubs

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I haven't, I'm needing to regrip my driver. Do I need to specifically search for driver grips or is it a one size fits all kind of thing?
Most grips are the same for driver and irons but personal taste is a choice.
But four layers of tape is more or less midsize from a standard grip.
Ask your pro to just do one club in midsize and have a practice session to see how you go.
You can do it yourself it’s easy just YouTube changing golf grips.
If you have an adjustable driver just get a plain grip ( Tour velvet or similar) as the logos can look out of line if on a grip that’s been adjusted at the hosel.
I use Adoregrips.com they are very good.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I haven't, I'm needing to regrip my driver. Do I need to specifically search for driver grips or is it a one size fits all kind of thing?
It's normal to have all the grips the same size( I know I do and always have). There isn't a different grip for individual clubs either:)

Visit site
Just jumping on the bandwagon as I'm restarting golf after a very long period away and regripping back then wasn't really an option.

I've recently bought two sets of clubs from a charity shop and don't intend to spend loads on a new set or even second hand. So once I've had a decent trial with both sets of clubs and chosen my preferred set I'm thinking I'll give them a new lease of life with new grips. But how do I even know where to start with sizes, widths, styles, type etc. What are the pro's and con's etc. I'll most certainly do them myself I just need to know what to look for when I chose the grips.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just jumping on the bandwagon as I'm restarting golf after a very long period away and regripping back then wasn't really an option.

I've recently bought two sets of clubs from a charity shop and don't intend to spend loads on a new set or even second hand. So once I've had a decent trial with both sets of clubs and chosen my preferred set I'm thinking I'll give them a new lease of life with new grips. But how do I even know where to start with sizes, widths, styles, type etc. What are the pro's and con's etc. I'll most certainly do them myself I just need to know what to look for when I chose the grips.
Have a look online how to measure your hands for size.
Wrist crease to longest finger. #1
Length of longest finger. #2.
The chart let’s you see the size.
There are so many grips now it’s a big choice .
Tour Velvet are the best imo.
But cheaper ones are avaliable, try Adoregolfgrips.com

Attachments

• B31E8D90-0D17-402B-95DE-FAE9D2E12C3C.png
    B31E8D90-0D17-402B-95DE-FAE9D2E12C3C.png
    776.8 KB · Views: 10

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

The grips need to be the right bore size to suit the shaft

Drivers tend to be .600 or .620

If you accidentally buy .580 it can be a bit tough to get it on teh driver shaft if the driver shaft is .620

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's normal to have all the grips the same size( I know I do and always have). There isn't a different grip for individual clubs either:)

One of the things you have to watch out for is the shaft size (diameter) for each of the clubs
eg driver may be .62 or .600 irons including wedges will be either .60 or .58

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Save some money and give them a good blasting with some fine sand paper and then a wash with some washing up liquid. Trust me you'll get another season out of them easy.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Plain round putter grips- my first putter was £2 in the local market , it had a plain round grip and it was the only putter I owned for around 8 years. In the same respect nobody ever told me hands gripping the club should hold it in a different way to an iron. I never had a problem with putting in all those years.