rate my swing

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
It would help you more if you could post a clip of you actually hitting balls on a range or on the course, then we would see your real swing

quinn

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It would help you more if you could post a clip of you actually hitting balls on a range or on the course, then we would see your real swing

There was a ball there bob.That's my swing.I don't think it changes much between back garden or driving range.Il see if i can do another one.Thanks

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
OK. You take the club back nicely and have a nice compact back swing. You have a static lower body though and swing down only with your arms, your right foot does not leave the ground until the end of the follow through. This will be a major power leak. It also seems like you flip your wrists to rescue the shot and this is also a symptom of your hips not clearing. We cant see from down the line but I would imagine your arms are chicken winging through impact, this may be creating thin and fat shots. Does any of this sound familiar?

You need to learn how to get your lower body out of the way and rotating so that your arms and club can be released on plane through the ball. Maybe a few lessons would get you on the right path.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

quinn

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
That all sounds very familiar.Sometimes when i try and clear the hips i end up coming over the top.Had a recent lesson and he had me turning to the topand letting my arms fall down first.When I've tried to start the downswing with my lower half i really struggle.Its probably the best I've ever played at the moment but Il take your advice and book a lesson,I've tried to fix it myself before.......never works.Thanks for the advice.Cheques in the post

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Try starting the downswing with a slight bump left with your hips (dont overdo it) then kick your right knee in towards your left (not towards the ball) this will encourage your right shoulder to drop the club down and not out.