Rangfinder recommendations

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've been thinking I'll buy a rangefinder for the new season but had no idea how expensive they can be. They also seem to range from 50-500 quid. Does anyone have any recommendations for the lower-mid of the scale? Obviously I want a good accurate one but am not willing to pay top end.

Any help appreciated.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bushnell Medalist 80 notes second hand, think I’ve changed battery in it once in two years - works a treat. Invaluable for learning what your carries are in a practice setting imo (as well as helping on the course)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've been thinking I'll buy a rangefinder for the new season but had no idea how expensive they can be. They also seem to range from 50-500 quid. Does anyone have any recommendations for the lower-mid of the scale? Obviously I want a good accurate one but am not willing to pay top end.

Any help appreciated.
I've got a Suoaki from Amazon for around £80. Works perfectly well and within +/- 1 yard when standing next to my mate and his more expensive Bushnell

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site
I think this is something that’s well worth investing in if you play a lot. I’ve got a Bushnell v4 and can’t fault it. They are slightly more expensive but I take the view of buy cheap, buy twice.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
most entry level RF would be good enough. I went for a fancy one that did all sorts including slope, FYI never used any of the them including the slope. i upgraded from a V2 and that was good enough TBH

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sorry to hijack, I am also looking for a rangefinder, not really worried about bells and whistles, just that it is somewhat accurate and measures distance.

Nikon Coolshot 20 seems to do the basics and is £150 brand new. Does anyone use this model, anything to watch out for?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Sorry to hijack, I am also looking for a rangefinder, not really worried about bells and whistles, just that it is somewhat accurate and measures distance.

Nikon Coolshot 20 seems to do the basics and is £150 brand new. Does anyone use this model, anything to watch out for?

That's what I have, does what I need and want.

Very good optics for the price.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site

I've had the coolshot 20 for a couple of years now, simple easy to use, sometimes pick up the signal when others fail to penetrate the fog or rain.
I'm very happy with mine and would recommend.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

I have this model. Usually picks up the target ok. Might struggle a little on windy days, but they all do.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Might just be the shape of my hands but I found the Nikon awkward to hold. The Bushnell feels more comfortable. I guess it's worth trying to hold a version of each if possible..

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Might just be the shape of my hands but I found the Nikon awkward to hold. The Bushnell feels more comfortable. I guess it's worth trying to hold a version of each if possible..

Doesn’t everyone in Aylesbury have 6 fingers?:ROFLMAO:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site

Nikon Coolshot. My second rangefinder, both Nikon, no problems with either.

I didn't mention the model, Coolshot 20 is what I have. The only time I have an issue is if the flag is not moving and is on the wrong side of the pin so you can't see it, with me a couple of hundred yards out..... any other time, it's good as gold.

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. Might be too early to mention this with some of the forum members, but I will now put a Coolshot20 on my list, and hope Santa reads it!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

It is smaller than most of it's rivals.