Range Finders

kmdmr1

Head Pro
Visit site
I have been looking for a range finder for a while now,already own a Skycaddie Aire, but I have been looking at the following rangefinders,

Snooper S400 (£45 Delivered) Fleabay
Nikon Coolshot 20 (£144 delivered) New
Bushnell v3 (£200) New

Considering using both units together, range finder from 180yr in.

Which one would you go for, if at all any..

Craigg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have the Nikon Coolshot 20. Great piece of kit. Picks up the flag easily. Lightweight and a doddle to use. I paid £199

Jon321

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've got the Bushnell v3 jolt and love it. Use it together with my garmin g6. Highly recommend it.

RobertB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As above a v3 jolt. Best thing bought in sometime. Used a gps for couple of years. Pro I get lessons from told me bin it & get laser. Then spend day on range determining distances from 40 yds out with wedges to 120 yds in 5 yd gaps. Full, 3/4, half swings, gripped down 1", face square, face slightly open etc gives great differentiation & combos of trajectories between PW, 52, 56 & 60.

Then average out the real distances of 9i to 4i. For the hybrid and woods I use game golf for real in play distances. Also use it to sanity check on course distances of irons measured on range.

So walk to ball laser the pin, check hazards, decide on shot to get at least pin high. For 9i in to 40yds then measure and choose shot depending on distance to pin. Laser is great confidence tool knowing your 100% 52/8 goes carries 100 yds, but griped down 1"' it's 95, and face open a little 90yds. Etc. It sounds OCD and a faff but as my Pro said, now you only worry about left/right and distance takes care of itself. I used to be more of an eye, guess player but the laser has been a revelation. The v3 itself has been effortless and perfectly reliable companion.