Raa putters

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Recently purchased a RAA classic putter from a very friendly Moderator 😊

First impressions where that it's a classy bit of equipment and I was interested to see how a centre shafted putter would play.

After my first few rounds last week though, honestly.. I hated it.

Felt dead of the face, I struggled to get the ball of the sweet spot and my lag putting was horrendous.

I was also not feeling the love for the super stroke fat grip.

Was really annoyed that I'd sold my Scotty golo as much preferred the feel.

Played again and felt that I would have to sell it, so I followed normal proccess and jumped on eBay 😊

after much deliberation I had a slight change of heart and wanted to give the Raa one last chance. So I purchased a lovely Iomic classic grip instead.

Fitted the grip myself during the week, chopped an inch of the shaft (I am a short arse) and played a few times since.

Well. I've played more than a few times this week and I've never been as hot with a flatstick in my hand.

Think the thinner grip suits me much better and I am able to form my normal grip much easier.

Also I've finally realised that the putter is not 'dead'. Instead it only puts the ball exactky where you want it to go.

That probably sounds obvious. However what I am trying to say is that some putters (my Scotty included) almost sprung the ball off the face. Some putters are very hot if you catch them clean and suppose this made it easier for me to hit longer putts?

The Raa does not have a springy feel. It simply only rolls the ball where you put it. No help apart from a lovely roll.

Once I figured this out I was on fire. My lag putting was superb and You can count the amounts of three putts I made over the last 4 rounds on one hand. I also sunk some pretty long ones from distances that I would not normally threaten the hole.

This was a complete turn around for me.

I wanted to banish the Raa after the first diabolical performances.

However a new grip and a little more insight into how this particular putter works has. Completely changed this perception.

It's such a great putter and I am absolutely smitten.

Never felt as confident stood over the ball. Love it and truly recommend having a shot of one if you get the chance

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am.

I'm genuinely exited about using it.

Last 36 holes I've been slotting them in from all over the place.

I'm a Raa convert, though it took some convincing

Ha

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
That probably sounds obvious. However what I am trying to say is that some putters (my Scotty included) almost sprung the ball off the face. Some putters are very hot if you catch them clean and suppose this made it easier for me to hit longer putts?

I've found this with so many putters over recent years especially certain mallets, its almost like Theres no pattern to it, the ball just springs off the face out of nowhere shattering any trust you'd built up.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's a weird one.

from memory my Yes! Emma was quite unpredictable, even though when I owned it I was a streaky putter at best.

When you hit the sweet spot it absolutely flew but honestly it felt great through your arms. Obviously it was because I managed to miraculously hit the tiny sweet spot.

I suppose my Golo felt similar but not anywhere as hot as the Yes! Putter was. So was my previous Detour.

When I originally described the Raa as feeling dead, I meant it.

However it's not taken me long to realise that it's potentially much more consistent across the middle third of the face.

What I originally perceived as the club helping me to lag putts may actually have been a hinderence.

Also very early to tell as I've only played 5 rounds with it.

Can't wait to get back on a green as I am enjoying putting so much currently. Before it was probably the part of the game I enjoyed the least. Mainly because I was she hite at it. Ha

And I certainly do not think it feels dead anymore. It's just not springy.