R9 3 Wood

Pro's and other experts

I am 13 handicapper and want a new 3 wood. Is it really worth getting a R9 ti 3 wood or should i just go for the cheaper standard r9 3 wood. Will the ti realy make that much off a difference for me ?

Yes it doess but it says its a bigger head and therefore easier to hit. I am not the best fairway wood player in the world and most of the time i would prefer to use my 4 iron so I am looking for max forgiveness

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I would have thought there will be much more forgiving fairway woods out there than the R9.
Burner, G15, Diablo, all going to more forgiving - if that's what you're after.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
What do you primarily use your 3 wood for ? If its a back up for when the driver misbehave's i'd suggest going for adeeper faced 3 wood, if you want to attack more par 5's in 2 , then i'd go for a shallower faced club.

FWIW, my 2 fave 3 woods ever are the Ping G5 (deep face) and the 2007 TM Burner (fairly shallow). I've tried a few and distance wise, they are pretty much all the same with a stiff shaft.

Spinn77

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Wolfman, Im a similar handicap to you and have just changed my 3 wood. Was using an older Callaway Big bertha, and changed to a nerw 2008 TM Burner. Its subperb - off the tee, off the deck, its excellent. I'm hitting it straighter and higher than before. You could probably pick one up for about £90. I got a graphite stiff shaft model, I can't praise it enough

EaseNgrace

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have the standard R9 3 wood and it is a great club, although as others have mentionned it isn't the most forgiving club (off the deck anyway). I dont know what the difference is with the Ti one, but I can recommend the R9 as long as you are confident with it.

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
Been playing around with a new 3 wood for a while

The R9 head just does not sit right for me in any angle i put it too,the only good thing is the shaft changing,i hit it well with the fubuki in it but not keen on how it sits.

And finally with the current Ping trend going on here i gave the i15 a go,it sits perfect for me and goes well with the tour red,the club builder told me he could do a bit of tipping and could make it 100% perfect as i want it to go low with low spin and ill hit my driver high which will give me 2 options off the tee

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If you want a TM then the 2008 Burner would be my choice and there are some bargains starting to appear now the new model is out alongside the R9. Alternatively look at the G10 or the Cleveland XLS which are both forgiving and pretty good value

Putting_Green_Pro

Q-School Graduate
www.heyrosegolfclub.com
I got my r9 today (for a bargain) and with the club in NU - neutral upright, it was great hit a slight draw however i did notice that one off centre shot did make it go completely the wrong direction.
I personally feel that i can conquor this problem and become pro :D

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have an R5 ti and it's a cracker. (180cc)

Shame I've sidelined it for a Nike dymoSq 2....much better off the deck t.b.h.