R11 or 910 D????

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Both are good clubs if matched to to the right spec and shaft. The Titleists have a better range of stock shafts ranging from the high spin, high flight Ilima to the Tour Issue Project X, which is a serious shaft. Choosing the right shaft should include some professional advice.

The R11 stock shaft, the Blur 60, is a bit crap, but some of the custom options are better. The R11 TP stock shaft, which is a Blur 65, is somewhat better and there is a more extensive range of custom options with the TP. You can also put any R9 shaft in, so there is an active market on ebay and other places for various shafts.

Also bear in mind that an update to the R11 has been widely trailed, and is due out in early 2012, so if you want the latest, wait for that, otherwise there will be deals on current models.

HughJars

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
come on guys get me even more confused lol.
In fairness, you've been asked about your handicap already with no response. To be helped you need to give some info.

What is your handicap? Average drive, consistent bad/weak shot? Is driving a strength or weakness.

You've asked for advice but given us nothing to go on. Why are you stuck between these two alone, have you tried and discounted others already, or just buying the most expensive driver you can with no thought to performance?

SG86

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have a 910D and its a good club, you need to see a pro with a range of different shafts and the equipment that will give you all you need to know in rleation to swing speed, launch angle, disparity etc

Whilst having my fitting I found the standard stiff ADILA RIP shaft way to whippy for me, being that I'm Titleist at the moment I tried every shaft they had buit couldn't find one that satisfied me

so

the pro gave me a R11 with an X flex 65g Blur shaft and it was puuuurrrrrfect. Hit some of the cleanest drives I have for a long time and gained 8 yards (avg) on the Titliest 910.

I think its personal preference, I didn't think I would like the white head but at address its very nice. Sounds a lot different to an 910, and for me gets a better ball flight. The shaft is very good and works well for me, better than a Project X 6.0 Graphite that was the closest 2nd choice.

So next on my list is an TM R11 TP 9* X Flex. Joy just checked the prices and because it's a TP version is around £100 more than anormal R11.

I wonder how Mrs SG loves me today...

SG

imran_ali

Assistant Pro
Visit site
come on guys get me even more confused lol.
In fairness, you've been asked about your handicap already with no response. To be helped you need to give some info.

What is your handicap? Average drive, consistent bad/weak shot? Is driving a strength or weakness.

You've asked for advice but given us nothing to go on. Why are you stuck between these two alone, have you tried and discounted others already, or just buying the most expensive driver you can with no thought to performance?
I am pretty sure I said 13 handicap??? driving is a strenght. I am trying to gain more distance and lower ball flight......my issue is the odd drive can be a slice but generally that is down to my technique, when I dont adress my self in the correct form. by the way currently I have a R9 460???