R&A Youtube channel

evemccc

Visit site
Does anyway watch this? I spend a bit of time on Youtube and enjoy the official channels for each sport I watch (Wimbledon, Masters, F1, NFL, Sky Golf etc)

Each to his or her own of course, but I cannot for the life of me understand why someone in the R&A thought employing George Harper Jr to be the face of the R&A and to feature in every video produced, would be a good idea.....the word 'inane' springs to mind, along with a lot of other less polite ones

Thoughts?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Just tried to watch some of this. In the past I've quite liked some of his interviews as he's more chatty than most and the players seem to like him but I'm not really a big fan of watching handicap golfers on a shot-by-shot basis so have clicked off

evemccc

Visit site
Just tried to watch some of this. In the past I've quite liked some of his interviews as he's more chatty than most and the players seem to like him but I'm not really a big fan of watching handicap golfers on a shot-by-shot basis so have clicked off

I’m watching the R&A highlights of the Girls and Boys Amateur Championship. There’s a few videos about the courses where R&A champs will be held….but I found him very annoying and a surprising choice tbh

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've watched the highlights of the Amateur and some of the segments featuring the annoying person mentioned. Tbh his antics very much spoil the who thing and saw him first hand acting like knob around the course in the run up to the comp.

Not sure why the R&A think having him fronting there media segments is a good idea. A few of my mates were vaulenteer s and all thought his behaviour was pretty childish

4LEX

Visit site
I thought exactly the same - he clearly put the Girls Amateur Chasmp on edge and it was car crash viewing. Loud, arrogant and a shocking choice. I suspect he won't be back next year.