Quiver Pull Feel

Djmc25

Visit site
Hey Folks,
New member here. I was searching for some information on a feel I’ve been playing with. The feel of pulling the quiver out of the bow. An old poster The Coach had an interesting post on it, but I lost that initial thread.

Does anyone here play w this / coach it? I’m a 4.7 but I have all the tendencies that this feel seems to eliminate. My iron play is very solid but my longer clubs get either pully or blocked, the block being the flusher of the two typically. So huge right misses at times.

I tend to hang on just a little sometimes and begin my release pattern late. Currently I’m feeling a casting motion but at my target. I’m wondering if I’m casting too late.

For example, if I stood straight up and was going to cast a fishing rod in a traditional way but with a golf grip (so 2 hands and it would be overhead). The back swing would be the raise and then right away I’d begin the release w the rod facing away from me. I wouldn’t bend forward and then release it.

So if I took that feel into golf posture and was casting the club head at my target, the same motion with the cast release at the top would be a cast away from me. The key seems to be maintaining a target focus to know where to let the rotation drive the club.

Am I way off here? Random first new post I know but this board seems a good place to ask based on that other thread.

Thank you.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
The quiver is the thing that arrows are kept in, often held on the archers back, so I'd guess the coach was referring to drawing an arrow out of the quiver.
You'd do the with your right hand reaching up over your shoulder, but how this relates to a swing feeling I don't know.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
You're way off and possibly an AI question.
I wouldn't worry at all about the quiver thing. The analogy as you've described it makes zero sense.
Just go see a pro and have them tell you what you need to do. If you're off 4.7, you can obviously play. If you're real.

Djmc25

Visit site
You're way off and possibly an AI question.
I wouldn't worry at all about the quiver thing. The analogy as you've described it makes zero sense.
Just go see a pro and have them tell you what you need to do. If you're off 4.7, you can obviously play. If you're real.
It’s just that outward throw feel from the top. Extending the right arm right away, just like Monte’s NTC or Steve Pratts Throw the Clubhead Out. I feel it as casting a fishing rod. That’s how Monte also describes it.

I’m real? Wasn’t trying to brag about my HCP, but I think a common better player miss is getting stuck and this prevents that for me.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It’s just that outward throw feel from the top. Extending the right arm right away, just like Monte’s NTC or Steve Pratts Throw the Clubhead Out. I feel it as casting a fishing rod. That’s how Monte also describes it.

I’m real? Wasn’t trying to brag about my HCP, but I think a common better player miss is getting stuck and this prevents that for me.
I think the point was about you being a human ;) We get some weird first posts on here by obvious bots that ask a question, never to be heard form again. You are one step ahead of this as you have come back with a 2nd post

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I think the point was about you being a human ;) We get some weird first posts on here by obvious bots that ask a question, never to be heard form again. You are one step ahead of this as you have come back with a 2nd post
As Nields said. Sorry for the lack of trust, @Djmc25 !

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
By coincidence, I am also HI 4.7 and have been playing golf for 55 years.
I don't understand the quiver and bow analogy, but I do get the fishing rod casting one, although I have never thought of the swing in that way.

I think about the wrists cocking on the backswing and uncocking on the downswing. It is the timing of the uncocking that is very crucial.
This has to thought about and practiced so that it becomes your natural swing that you don't have to think about very much when playing.