Pyrford and five other courses sold by Crown Golf

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This was on the cards before the lockdown but now the sale has gone through. The Bristol, Sherfield Oaks, Oak Park, Hampton Court Palace and Mill Green are the other five clubs involved and the new owners are Get Golfing. They currently own Redlibbets in Kent. Everything I have seen about this move is really positive and reciprocal rights at the other Crown courses will remain in place for 12 months.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
This was on the cards before the lockdown but now the sale has gone through. The Bristol, Sherfield Oaks, Oak Park, Hampton Court Palace and Mill Green are the other five clubs involved and the new owners are Get Golfing. They currently own Redlibbets in Kent. Everything I have seen about this move is really positive and reciprocal rights at the other Crown courses will remain in place for 12 months.

What are the new owners bringing to the table that Crown aren't

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Very interesting Shark. I guess as you’re at Pyrford you won’t know what crown plan to do with the money?
I’d like to think there would be some investment in their remaining courses.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
As a crown member I have literally just received the email comfirming what Shark posted. They do say that “this change will allow attention and resources to be focussed within a more tightly knit group of clubs” but I can’t help but feel this sale is where they’ve got the funds for the £30m development of St Mellion.