Putting Stroke Analysis. ** Video Included**

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
What I was saying is that you seem to have gotten back a lot of 'advice' based on looking at just one little swing. Anyone would think that you practically stood on your head to make that putt. If you took all that advice on board you're looking at an entierly new technique, ball position and even a putter change.. seems quite severe for one little putt on video.

I'd ask Bob what you're supposed to be doing if you are using his putting aid... else you'll potentially just be fighting the right moves. I would have thought that if you were putting that way that the toe SHOULD close. I asked above if Bob would post his 'preferred' advice on the thread (for the benefit of someone just learning to play the game who is reading this thread), I can't do more than that.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
What I was saying is that you seem to have gotten back a lot of 'advice' based on looking at just one little swing. Anyone would think that you practically stood on your head to make that putt. If you took all that advice on board you're looking at an entierly new technique, ball position and even a putter change.. seems quite severe for one little putt on video.

I'd ask Bob what you're supposed to be doing if you are using his putting aid... else you'll potentially just be fighting the right moves. I would have thought that if you were putting that way that the toe SHOULD close. I asked above if Bob would post his 'preferred' advice on the thread (for the benefit of someone just learning to play the game who is reading this thread), I can't do more than that.

Ah, I see. Sorry I got the wrong end of the stick :mad:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Gareth well done you for putting your video on.
I was going to put mine on,but now im not going to bother,too many different opinions
that generally turn into ,you against me.
Imo your putting action is good,yes room for improvement,the same as everyone on this
forum,i cant remember anyone on here making a living on any golfing tour,thats offering advice.
Plenty of practice,trial and error,thats the way to improve.:)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Good to note the confidence you have in the (fitted) putter. It was only an 'If you want to change' btw, not a suggestion that you do.

As for the ball position, there's no substitute for trying it and seeing if it works for you!

And, as JO has postedly, repeatedly, if a sufficient percentage of putts are going in, things are pretty good! Might well be worth working on chipping to get the ball closer in the first place. :rolleyes:

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
I have just finished reading Tom Watsons 'getting up and down' and the only relative advice I could give from that on your stroke would be that you seem to lift and turn your head when having one last look, in the book his advice is to swivel your head so as not to lose your eye line. Hope that makes sense.