Putting green in the garden

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi guys looking for some advice. I'm having complete garden rebuild and would like to have a putting green. From what i've found on internet putting green astro turf prices vary between 14 to 40 pounds. From the pictures and description I'm not seeing much differences between them. I will need 20 square meters so don't want to pay top end price. Has any one done something similar and what are your opinions on it. I dont want holes and flags, I will be using my putt out for practice so will be able to place it in multiple places around.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is not just the price of the astroturf but all the preparation that needs to go in the surface that they are layed on and the after laying work that you need to factor in as well.

go to evergreensuk.com and take a look at the fitting guides.

Obviously the type of grass various by big margins accoding to what you want it for and some of the suppliers will send you a sample eg grass247 and evertgreen

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It is not just the price of the astroturf but all the preparation that needs to go in the surface that they are laid on and the after laying work that you need to factor in as well.
All work is gone be done by a landscaper it's a whole garden rebuild. 60 square meters of slabs and 20 square meters of astro turf. Just looking for some opinions from people who might done something similar in their gardens and could advice on choosing astro turf.
I really like that one
https://www.perfectlygreen.co.uk/our-range/true-putt/
But from small sample its hard to make decision

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
We thought about it but in the end went for a standard type of artificial turf. Main reason was the maintenance for putting purposes...the ball will skid on the surface unless regularly sanded and brushed (I think from memory).