Putter fitting - Scotland

TigerTime

Visit site
Considering a new putter (oh no) and looking at getting fitted.

Anyone know of anywhere in Scotland that does this? Preferably East/Fife area if possible but would consider travelling further. I know the Titleist centre at Craigielaw has the Scotty Cameron Experience but it appears they are no longer taking bookings for this.

Thanks

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ive been looking for this also. Cant tell if the st andrews callaway putter fitting is still taking appointments.

Shankly

Visit site
Would recommend Scott Rose at Wellsgreen near Kirkcaldy, has just updated facility and uses latest technology. Very enjoyable experience and has large range.

TigerTime

Visit site
Ive been looking for this also. Cant tell if the st andrews callaway putter fitting is still taking appointments.

I can't seem to find any booking information, so doesn't look likely.

I also had a look at the Scotty Cameron Experience at Cragielaw but they also don't seem to be taking any bookings for the next year or two! I wonder if it's related to COVID restrictions or is there another reason? PureForged in Ayr also don't seem to be doing them just now. Failing that there is American Golf at BraidHills which I'm aware using SAM putt lab and so on.

Should add I'd be willing to travel down south for a couple of hours or so.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3432

I can't seem to find any booking information, so doesn't look likely.

I also had a look at the Scotty Cameron Experience at Cragielaw but they also don't seem to be taking any bookings for the next year or two! I wonder if it's related to COVID restrictions or is there another reason? PureForged in Ayr also don't seem to be doing them just now. Failing that there is American Golf at BraidHills which I'm aware using SAM putt lab and so on.

Should add I'd be willing to travel down south for a couple of hours or so.

If you are willing to travel check out Penrith Golf Hub, Sam Puttlab setup, good range of Ping, TM, Odyssey and Scotty Cameron.

Right off the Penrith junction of the M6.

Its a good set up.

JR64

Visit site
Hey GGTTH, what can you tell us about the Turnhouse fitting?

I’m considering a putter fitting too, maybe out at Archerfield, but Turnhouse seems much less expensive.

TigerTime

Visit site
Hey GGTTH, what can you tell us about the Turnhouse fitting?

I’m considering a putter fitting too, maybe out at Archerfield, but Turnhouse seems much less expensive.

Hi mate.

It was basically part lesson/fitting. Your strokes with your current position are measured using a device attached to your putter and you try different ones from there. I was very happy with my end result as my putting improved tremendously afterwards but has sort of plateaued since but that's most likely due to my technique. It was worthwhile for me.

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wanted to resurrect this thread to see if there were any other ideas for a good putter fitting on multiple brands in scotland

D

Deleted member 25575

If you’re near Edinburgh the American Golf at Braids had SAM butting lab that may be worth a try, though it depends on your fitter there and they are very much about selling rather than fitting.
I still don’t think Scott Gourlay does fitting for putters but I did give them that feedback recently.
I went for the Scotty fitting at Craigielaw but that won’t fit your multi brand requirements.

evemccc

Visit site
My take on fittings…esp putter fittings

In the hour scheduled you only a certain number that you can realistically try…esp after you’ve hit a few with the current putter to get baseline tendencies

I’d visit a pro shop / big box store, try a bunch out, and get an idea of two or three brands in particular you’re interesting in….then you’ll have to find a fitter or pro shop who stocks those…and then get fit from that