Puma/cobra fantasy golf mini league (rolling thread)

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

Same as last year, when I led briefly before taking too many silly risks and going downhill fast ;)

Mini league name: GM Forum
Password: spanners

Might as well keep correspondence about teams, bonus passwords etc in the one thread to keep it tidy.

Have fun folks

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cool, accepted! Didn't realise I'd be in charge of these things, who set it up last year?!

You did very well last time round chap, the mini league itself was very strong considering how many members it had, best of luck for the season ahead. After a great start I made some rookie errors, won't be happening again!

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes please Curls, aiming to improve on poor performance last year.

You're in, apparently it can take 24 hours for the acceptance to go through.

I'm here through the week but on the absolute lash in Ireland this weekend, so if anyone joins over the weekend don't panic - everyone will be accepted ahead of the deadline ;)

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Entry submitted.
First time entering the GM fantasy league so go easy on me :D

Welcome aboard! It's a bit of craic. Some tips below, few read the rules and even if you did some of these tips might not be obvious…

1. The first week you can pick your team as often as you wish. After that you will have 5 transfers per week. There will also be a bonus code to get one extra transfer.

2. Transfers carry over to the Monday after a weekend tournament, which means that if you don't use all your transfers get in early and use them up, then you'll be allocated your new set of 5. Otherwise you lose them. "Transfers will be allocated at 00.01 (UK Time) every Tuesday to be used for that week."

3. All transfers must be made by 23:59 (UK Time) on the Wednesday for that week's competition.

4. Keep in mind what's coming up next week. Sometimes there is only 1 scoring tournament (for example, there might be one across the water but because it's a minor tourney in isn't included in the Fantasy league). I got caught out with that a couple of times, having guys in my team playing in the States and the comp didn't count. The upcoming tournaments are always listed at the bottom of the Team page. If there are two comps on in one weekend you can either split your team accordingly or try to figure out who is most likely to place.

5. The points table is available in the "Game Rules" section but note your Captain scores double and there is a 50% bonus on certain big tournaments. That means a winning Cap can catapult your team up the table, particularly if he wasn't a popular choice. There is an element of being brave at times, conservative at others.

6 …so keep in mind that if the next weekend is a big comp that you might want to keep a few transfers to put the big boys in place of the duffers who were competing in the Tesco Cup the week before.

7. It is almost inevitable that some weeks you will have guys in your team who aren't playing at all. Bummer, but some weeks your guys don't make the cut and cost you points, so don't sweat it. Some of the top guys in the Fantasy League were great at fielding a full team every week.

8. Finally - DON'T FORGET TO SAVE your selections! It might look like you've built the winning team, but if you don't hit save it'll revert to the losers you fielded last week ;)

Have fun, hopefully some of us will win some of those sweet monthly prizes...

snell

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

Same as last year, when I led briefly before taking too many silly risks and going downhill fast ;)

Mini league name: GM Forum
Password: spanners

Might as well keep correspondence about teams, bonus passwords etc in the one thread to keep it tidy.

Have fun folks

Excuse my ignorance....but how do I sign up for this mate?

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ye're all in lads.

Just in case any of ye notice, it looks as though the RBC Heritage is the next "Upcoming Tournament". The first scoring comp will be the Masters as it says in the blurb on the home page so I'm guessing it just isn't showing the "current" little-known tourney at Augusta.