Pulling my putts

m1975

Club Champion
Visit site
hi,
have recently (last month or 2) started pulling my putts to the left, only on short ones, 6ft and in, any quick cures for me to try ????

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
hi,
have recently (last month or 2) started pulling my putts to the left, only on short ones, 6ft and in, any quick cures for me to try ????
make 2 parralell lines just wider than your putter head with 5 balls. place the ball you are going to putt in line with the middle ball & make your stroke , you should see if you are putting straight through the line of the putt, then gradualy move the lines closer to each other until they are just wider than your putter head, kinda like pic but ball in the middle ha the idea is if you are putting straight true you dont touch either line , also you can see if your putting straight through the line

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I often find myself doing this, with me it's turning from my shoulders on the backswing but then just using my arms on the throughswing, so pulling the face closed.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm far from an expert but i used to have the same problem so had my pro have a look and it was down to me standing with a closed stance when i putted and this caused too much movement in the top half of my body. So he got me stand more square or even a tiny bit open and it's made a massive diffrence so it could be worth a try.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I have the same problem, seems to be caused when my left wrist collapses. Doesn't happen when practice putting, but in the heat of battle, standing over a three footer, turns to jelly. :( :(