PS4 golf games.

OOB

Medal Winner
Visit site
For those cold lonely winter nights when Mrs OOB is out at work and the range is closed.

Anyone recommend any of the PlayStation 4 golf games.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I play Everybody's Golf. It's arcadey but very easy to pick up and play, quite addictive, and the game physics are pretty good.

Don't bother getting The Golf Club 2. I wasted money on that. Unplayably bad.

Reactions: OOB

PaulyMcK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
For those cold lonely winter nights when Mrs OOB is out at work and the range is closed.

Anyone recommend any of the PlayStation 4 golf games.
You should be able to pick up Rory McIlroy PGA Tour pretty cheap, it's no were near the standard of the Tiger Woods collection but still worth a shot.

Reactions: OOB

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Get the new Golf Club 2019 game. It’s the only game with the PGA licence now and have 1000s of courses to play

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Can’t go wrong with everybody’s golf. It’s out there but satisfying.
Rory McIlroy isn’t bad and I imagine it’s cheap.
The golf club one was really bad. Not very playable. Could of been great.

Smasher

Medal Winner
Visit site
The Golf Club 2019 is only £24 now.
Is it any good? Mixed reviews in here but official reviews seem good.
What did people like/dislike about it?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Golf Club 2019 is only £24 now.
Is it any good? Mixed reviews in here but official reviews seem good.
What did people like/dislike about it?
Oh I didn't realise they'd made a new one of those. I played the Golf Club 2 and it was appalling, tee to green was ok, slightly odd physics but workable, however putting was completely impossible. The mechanism for it was shocking, and you had no guidance on it. A few times I genuinely 5 or 6 putted! It was a joke. I've no idea if they've fixed that on the new one though.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh I didn't realise they'd made a new one of those. I played the Golf Club 2 and it was appalling, tee to green was ok, slightly odd physics but workable, however putting was completely impossible. The mechanism for it was shocking, and you had no guidance on it. A few times I genuinely 5 or 6 putted! It was a joke. I've no idea if they've fixed that on the new one though.
Basically what your saying is, it wasn’t easy like the EA sports games.

It’s not down to £24 yet that’s the physical copy that comes out next month. To download direct (for Xbox anyway) it’s still £45.

I’m waiting to save the £20

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Basically what your saying is, it wasn’t easy like the EA sports games.

It’s not down to £24 yet that’s the physical copy that comes out next month. To download direct (for Xbox anyway) it’s still £45.

I’m waiting to save the £20
No mate, there is a lot of ground between 'easy' and 'physically impossible'. The slopes on the greens were not at all clear to me, and there was no gauge for how much power you hit it with, so every putt was total guesswork. It was awful. If they've revamped it for the new game I'd be tempted to go for it at £24. Although I just read a review and it says for the new PGA license all the did was add 6 courses.

Smasher

Medal Winner
Visit site
Didn't realise that, at £24 i assumed it'd been out a while. It also clears up the mixed reviews so it's looking like 2019 is an improvement.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
No mate, there is a lot of ground between 'easy' and 'physically impossible'. The slopes on the greens were not at all clear to me, and there was no gauge for how much power you hit it with, so every putt was total guesswork. It was awful. If they've revamped it for the new game I'd be tempted to go for it at £24. Although I just read a review and it says for the new PGA license all the did was add 6 courses.
Pretty sure there are more courses coming too.

simmb

Club Champion
Visit site
TGC 2019 is new it's only been out a month or so. It is better than TGC2 but if you didn't like the putting that's not really changed it's pretty similar through all the versions. I think the idea with the original putting system was practice makes perfect, over time you get better at reading the greens and the pace at which to play each putt.
Also some of the user created courses have crazy greens with wicked slopes so avoid them and stick to the higher rated courses and you can get a good feel for putting over time. I don't mind it now I am used to it and to be honest there is not much competition since EA have jacked it in.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
TGC 2019 is new it's only been out a month or so. It is better than TGC2 but if you didn't like the putting that's not really changed it's pretty similar through all the versions. I think the idea with the original putting system was practice makes perfect, over time you get better at reading the greens and the pace at which to play each putt.
Also some of the user created courses have crazy greens with wicked slopes so avoid them and stick to the higher rated courses and you can get a good feel for putting over time. I don't mind it now I am used to it and to be honest there is not much competition since EA have jacked it in.
The putting physics on Everybody's Golf are spot on in my view. There's a grid on the green so you can see the slope, and the power meter shows the up/down slope so you know whether to aim beyond the flag or before the flag. On TGC it seemed to have none of that, it was just a total stab in the dark.

simmb

Club Champion
Visit site
The putting physics on Everybody's Golf are spot on in my view. There's a grid on the green so you can see the slope, and the power meter shows the up/down slope so you know whether to aim beyond the flag or before the flag. On TGC it seemed to have none of that, it was just a total stab in the dark.

There is a grid that shows slope and height changes etc. if you have been putting without that then I feel your pain it would be impossible to play. Do you have grid disabled in the options or something?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
There is a grid that shows slope and height changes etc. if you have been putting without that then I feel your pain it would be impossible to play. Do you have grid disabled in the options or something?
No it was there, but in contrast to Everybody's Golf, I felt it was inaccurate or impossible to judge from. I don't know how to describe it and it is several months since I played TGC2 now, but I just recall the ball didn't behave at all like the grid suggested. And I couldn't discern how much up or down slope there was, only left and right - consequently some of putts ran 30 feet past while others didn't even make it to the hole from 4 feet.

simmb

Club Champion
Visit site
No it was there, but in contrast to Everybody's Golf, I felt it was inaccurate or impossible to judge from. I don't know how to describe it and it is several months since I played TGC2 now, but I just recall the ball didn't behave at all like the grid suggested. And I couldn't discern how much up or down slope there was, only left and right - consequently some of putts ran 30 feet past while others didn't even make it to the hole from 4 feet.

Ah I see, you are not alone, lots of people just didn't like putting in TGC. I use TGC as the software for my simulator so have learnt over time how the greens run and how to read the grid. For me now it's exactly like real golf, can't make a putt in either.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ah I see, you are not alone, lots of people just didn't like putting in TGC. I use TGC as the software for my simulator so have learnt over time how the greens run and how to read the grid. For me now it's exactly like real golf, can't make a putt in either.
Well that was the problem - if I'm even worse at putting on a game than I am in real life then you know something is wrong. :oops: