Proper Football Returns (none of this snoozable international stuff)

mullet

Hacker
Visit site
Glad to see club football back after some dull England games... for those that care for 'The Beautiful Game' (the other one to golf, of course) who's teams got what this afternoon? My own beloved Hull City face a tricky trip to Derby that I aint looking forward to...

Got me thinkin' too...

Plenty of these time-rich (and cash-rich for that matter) football types need to keep themselves occupied when not training and playing and there's plenty I'm sure that take to the Golf Course to pass the hours.

Which footballers wouldn't you mind sharing a round with? I reckon a decent game could be had with Linekar as long as he kept the attempted comedy to a minimum. He obviously knows his stuff.

I bet it would be a laugh to have a round with someone like Jimmy Bullard. What do you reckon?

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
joey barton - i like him as a player and he is amusing on twitter
Steven Gerrard - Captain of best club in the world and a humble guy
Mario Ballotelli - something about him I think is great

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

I didn't realise that Gerrard has Captained The Hoops.

Best club in the world??!! Dear me,they are not even the best club in England.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site

I didn't realise that Gerrard has Captained The Hoops.

Best club in the world??!! Dear me,they are not even the best club in England.

Hardly even the best team in Liverpool!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Nice to see proper footy back. Arse beat Norwich today. Well rvp beat Norwich anyway.

Golf partners? Not sure. Teves might be a laugh, if he spoke English, and would tell what the heck is going on with him and city.

Probably go with Jamie rednapp, joey Barton and Gary lineacker so I could bludgeon them all to death with my sand iron.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Don't know if it's true but someone in the know reckons Lineker is a total arrogant kn*b. Seen him play though and he hits a good ball. Tim Henman is the pick of sports stars to play with, for me. Scratch golfer and keen to play the senior tour

Chris

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
2 of the biggest knobs in football at the min & steve g ? crikey man , even as an everton fan i apreciate gerrard as a good player but the other knobs , no way

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am warming to balotelli, he has character, and sport needs characters. He is pretty harmless, and genuinely funny. The hat, the bib, the fireworks, etc, heck he couldn't even get his shirt on recently. He was stopped by the fuzz, who found 5 grand in the boot of his car. They asked why he had it, and replied, because I'm rich. Classic.

I like him.

Barton on the other hand as no redeeming features.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I concur that Lineker is a knob on the course as well as the telly. Seen him a number of times at places like Mill Ride, The Berkshire and Wentworth and he thinks everyone owes him something. Too many airs and graces. if you want a celeb to play with and have a crack then Spoony would be my choice. Top guy and very funny

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
joey b i rate as a footballer as a person he seems a bit of a cock but he always has me chuckiling on twitter.

like murph said they are basically the exact reasons i chose ballotelli i think he is funny and his antics are great. fireworks, the bib incident if you havent seen it look on youtube. And the money thing was a classic

possibly would swap joey B but i would keep the other two. If i did id swap him for becks as away from his mrs he seems an inteligent bloke and i reckon hed be interesting. Plus i could compare the whip on my slice to the whip on his free kicks

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Psycho - He's probably too hard to play golf but he was an idol of mine growing up. I'll always remember being lucky enough to sit in the box in the Trent End at the City ground for a game when I was younger. I was sat watching pre-game warmups and Psycho let a shot rip from about 25 yards out. I've never seen someone hit a football that hard. He missed the goal completely, but it hit the glass of the box head on and it was rattling for what felt like a lifetime. He saluted us with one of his "C'MON!" shouts when he hit it. Love that bloke.

Other two would probably be Luke Chambers and Wes Morgan. Heart of the Forest defence and seem like they'd be a right good craic.

mullet

Hacker
Visit site
I am warming to balotelli, he has character, and sport needs characters. He is pretty harmless, and genuinely funny. The hat, the bib, the fireworks, etc, heck he couldn't even get his shirt on recently. He was stopped by the fuzz, who found 5 grand in the boot of his car. They asked why he had it, and replied, because I'm rich. Classic.

I like him.

Barton on the other hand as no redeeming features.

Brilliant hadn't even heard that story!