Prestatyn Golf Club....

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No help to you, but I've often been past it on the train and wondered what it's like.
It looks linksy, but some of the vistas are not exactly royal county down...

El Diablo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Is very good value (cheap) and played it a few times and is OK, but if you are travelling a couple of hours I would go 25 mins further onto Conwy.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the response....
When you say not a traditional links...what do you mean and how is it not traditional?
You cant see the sea at any stage and has more of a parkland feel without the trees . Having played Conwy since I'd too would go further up the coast rather than play there

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's a links course.

Not stunning, but after the first 3 or 4 holes it slowly picks up.

Pretty old school links, which I like in a course, but decent condition.

Good value for money and another one off my links list. Would combine with another if travelling 2 hours.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Its more ditches and streams as opposed to being surrounded by big dunes.

A decent wee track for the money. We played it in glorious sunshine in an open. Had a pint of cider on the veranda after and thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Holes 2 and 3 are the ones that I would say were not your usual links type holes.

Definitely worth a visit and I use the description 'a poor mans Conwy' when people ask me what it is like. Financial difficulties a few years back meant that it went downhill a bit but an upturn in membership has seen it improve drastically. The greens are fast and true so you will have no complaints there.