Preferred Lies

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a distant but possibly erroneous memory that preferred lies were in place for a round of an Open Championship one year because of heavy rains. Can anyone confirm either that I'm right or have an overly fanciful historical imagination?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I have a distant but possibly erroneous memory that preferred lies were in place for a round of an Open Championship one year because of heavy rains. Can anyone confirm either that I'm right or have an overly fanciful historical imagination?
I think you're right..
I can't remember which or where but I do recall PF once.

wjemather

Visit site
With bad weather forecast, the possibility was discussed prior to the start of the 2012 Open at Royal Lytham. Possibly the only time it's been implemented in a major was the 2016 PGA at Baltusrol.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
With bad weather forecast, the possibility was discussed prior to the start of the 2012 Open at Royal Lytham. Possibly the only time it's been implemented in a major was the 2016 PGA at Baltusrol.

The 2012 Open and the possibility would be what was in the dark recesses of my memory and Royal Lytham chimed as well Thanks for that - and for the confirmation of the 2016 PGA.