Praia Del Rey/West Cliffs

Hitdaball

Visit site
Just about to pull the trigger on a 4 night trip here next sept for 8 of us staying in 4 x 2 bed village apartments, hopefully ground floor next to each other to make it easier to mingle

The golf looks awesome bit has anyone been to the resort and able to pass on any tips before I pay the deposit?

We are all around 50 and note we will need cars to get about, and then intend to take taxis out to local towns/restaurants as needed.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Incredible place. Very little to do in the evening especially as we started in a villa near to the hotel.

Bit of a drive to anywhere with nightlife but the golf courses make it all worth it

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just had a week at Praia d’el Rey. Stayed at the Marriott Hotel which was fantastic.

Praia d’el Rey is a great course in its own right, but West Cliffs is in a different league. It’s incredible.

For nightlife take a 10-15 minute taxi to Baleal. There are some surf shack beach bars on the sand which have DJ’s and are open until 5am. Had a brilliant night out at Bar da Praia Baleal. Beers were just over 2 euros a bottle.

For the money we paid, £699 for 7 nights it was the best value European trip I’ve done, when the hotel, golf and apres-golf are all factored in.

Hitdaball

Visit site
That’s sounds value. I’m looking at single rooms in those self catering apartments 4 nights , 3 rounds with buggies @£400. What was the board basis and Marriott and were to sharing rooms?

Cheers for the surf shacks tip 👍🏻🍷🍷

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just had a week at Praia d’el Rey. Stayed at the Marriott Hotel which was fantastic.

Praia d’el Rey is a great course in its own right, but West Cliffs is in a different league. It’s incredible.

For nightlife take a 10-15 minute taxi to Baleal. There are some surf shack beach bars on the sand which have DJ’s and are open until 5am. Had a brilliant night out at Bar da Praia Baleal. Beers were just over 2 euros a bottle.

For the money we paid, £699 for 7 nights it was the best value European trip I’ve done, when the hotel, golf and apres-golf are all factored in.
Yeah we had a great night out on the Saturday too, absolutely heaving it was I was in a state the next morning.

Pretty dead during the week, the Tuesday night we went there can’t have been more than 10 people in the same bar.

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That’s sounds value. I’m looking at single rooms in those self catering apartments 4 nights , 3 rounds with buggies @£400. What was the board basis and Marriott and were to sharing rooms?

Cheers for the surf shacks tip 👍🏻🍷🍷

The Praia d’el Rey Marriott was bed and breakfast basis. We had an ocean front room, twin beds (2 king size beds). The hotel was faultless. Several bars and restaurants, including a decent sports bar with pool table. Am very likely to book it again next year.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
We stayed there two years ago, loved the course, albeit a bit wet at the time as we went late October. We didn't play West Cliffs as it had only just opened and wasn't in the deal, in fact we didn't even know it was there until the last day. There had been torrential rain the week before we went, and one day of heavy rain whilst we were there, consequently, the section of the course away from the beach was a bit boggy in parts, but not bad enough to ruin the round. The stretch along the coast is just stunning, watching the big breakers coming in was mesmerizing.

We stayed in two villas away from the hotel but onsite. Very nice villas (although not as nice as the ones at Amendeira). The shuttle service was great, always showed up within about 5 mins of calling, but it may have been a quiet week, could be slower for busier weeks I guess. We pretty much stayed on site, ate in the hotel once, a bit pricey, stuck to the clubhouse for the rest of the time. Biggest mistake was not ordering the steak on a stone until the last night - absolutely top bit of steak, wished we'd ordered before as would definitely have ordered more than once.

Definitely worth a visit, we would go back.

peld

Visit site
Hi
Bumping up an old thread instead of starting a new one.

Im staying at the Marriott for 3 nights next week (not a golfing holiday), but strongly considering hiring a set of clubs and sneaking in a round if we get some downtime.

What's the better course - PDR or West Cliffs? And anyone know what hire clubs they have?!