power loss!

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Glad your back on track mate, my range session started off great today and I was catching them sweet as a nut till I started to loose concentration and caught a few slightly fat. I just want to get back on the course now but I'm not even considering it with recent weather.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
In picture no1 you can see that you're steepening the club shaft on the way down... not good.

odd1.jpg

In picture no2 you can see that your right shoulder doesn't get anywhere near the ball, in fact your shoulders are still closed and the club is nearly at the ball... not good

odd2.jpg

In picture no3 there's a hint of wrist bowing which might explain why you're also getting the club closed at the top of your swing, I have a feeling that your grip is creaping around to being too strong.... not great but manageable.

odd3.jpg

Again, the hips aren't turning enough which is making your swing very narrow and steep. Stick that alignment shaft across your chest and practice making your turn... then you need a weighshift to set the club onto a lower downswing plane... not steepen it! :thup:

What is happening is that your too preoccupied with trying to hit the ball with your arms and not with a good turn and allowing the club to drop into the ball. i'd prefer if you thought/felt that the grip of the club was a good foot past the ball before the clubhead even gets to the ball - this probably won't happen in reality as it's just a feeling, but the grip swings the club, not the clubhead.

Last edited:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Cheers for pulling it down James, I noticed the wrist slightly bowed at the top and the face a little shut , but its always a work in progress.

I've downloaded v1 for the nexus which is allowing me to slow things right down and compare side by side against other pros , I think for jan more range time and record everything to just grind out the weeks.

Thanks again : thup:

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can it just be a little easier please, pretty please

I have watch it , very good swing in general , 2nd set , you were swinging better , i have a slow swing but i get it out there , my coach says i create a lot of lag and load it right up , looks to me like you dont create enough , there are videos on utube on this subject , check it out and try it , but your swings looks fine and can only get better, oh type in lag on a golf swing , old guy on there is short and sweet

Last edited: