power loss!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Today I hit the range with tree seeker and for some reason all power seems lost, a flu lush 8i around 125 carry, 7i hitting 140 max, with some of the best 2/h only hitting 175|180. I know I was a damp day but Jesus Christ, at this rate I'll be off the reds by April

Apart from the obvious short back swing, anyone notice Anything

Last edited:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Were you trying to play a fade? If so why are you standing square?

If you WEREN'T playing for the fade then why is your clubhead OUTSIDE THE BALL? :whistle:

[click pic to enlarge...]

out.jpg

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I think that it's just the balls and cold damp weather Baz. I've spent a fair time at the range lately and nothing seems to be flying the distance even when I've nutted it. You know yourself how well you've struck the ball

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I think that it's just the balls and cold damp weather Baz. I've spent a fair time at the range lately and nothing seems to be flying the distance even when I've nutted it. You know yourself how well you've struck the ball

I agree.. it's a little bit of several things all added up. Not enough weight moving to the left, club not coming from the inside, not enough forward shaft lean, some early extension going on there (pulling up out of the shot),.. in general though I'm liking your swing, it's very, very close to being good enough... especially when you COMMIT to the shot.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Maybe when hid said I had commitment issues it wasn't a lie, back to the range tomorrow.

Bloody tree seeker of a ladies hc was flying he's almost 2 clubs further than mine.... Swine

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think as I've gone through a bad spell the back swing has become a touch restricted in the effort to find some sort of consistency as I was throwing everything way outside the line on the downswing and throwing everything over the top, shanking everything .

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
It's easy to see why you're shanking if you look at that pic i posted. Also if you watch your swing carefully you can see that you are making NO hip turn and subsequently your hands aren't getting deep enough (away from the target line). With no hip turn your path is pushed more to the outside, and your shoulders turn too flat. It becomes a powerless arm swing instead of a power rotation with a good SMACK at the ball. The right hip turns back behind you, the shoulders are inclined and your pelvis stays back on your downswing (stopping the early extension). Fatting the ball is the lack of forward shaft lean and the lack of weight shift... focus Barry,... FOCUS! you've got this! :p

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
what pic you posted, I did feel like less turn was there maybe this is a prime example what you feel is there not being so.

Feel free to drop me a pm with any thing you think I should work on, and link to any drills, I'm determined to get to single figures this year and I think improving my iron play is the way.

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Since having lessons and building a nice swing I've noticed my shots are going a lot further at the range even on the coldest of days. I can't wait till summer to see the true measure of distance gained. My 7 iron went 150 YRDS last season and at a guess I reckon I've gained at least 12-15 YRDS on that.

So I would like to help you and say its the cold wet weather but it hasn't affected my distance at all.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Cheers for the kick in the crutch davey..... Much appreciated!

..... But seriously you can feel the quality of the strike is good, so even on a freezing day I would have expected an 8i to be carrying 135 even into the wind.... As just one will verify