Powakaddy Trolley

John Drummond

Visit site
Does anyone have issues with the switch on the Powakaddy CT8 Sat Nav.It is difficult to stop when you press the centre button it has to be pressed hard to stop the Trolley.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
The "soft" start/stop feature is the most annoying feature of the CT8....you push the button, nothing immediately happens, you instinctively push it again, just as your "original" push takes effect, and it cancels out your first push.

Utterly annoying....two years and I'm still not used to it!!

Wouldn't say it is hard to stop the trolley...just that it is slow to react to a button push.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The "soft" start/stop feature is the most annoying feature of the CT8....you push the button, nothing immediately happens, you instinctively push it again, just as your "original" push takes effect, and it cancels out your first push.

Wouldn't say it is hard to stop the trolley...just that it is slow to react to a button push.
I just turn it to zero before pushing the button.

Could be the switch is a bit sticky .
Pull the button off and put some WD40 on it.

Last edited:

bigsteve100

Visit site

I’ve just had my button replaced off Powerkaddy I asked him about this soft start /stop he said there is no such thing 🤔

bigsteve100

Visit site
Does anyone have issues with the switch on the Powakaddy CT8 Sat Nav.It is difficult to stop when you press the centre button it has to be pressed hard to stop the Trolley.
I’ve had my button replaced off Powerkaddy before mine was the same not good considering they cost nearly £1000

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve just had my button replaced off Powerkaddy I asked him about this soft start /stop he said there is no such thing 🤔
They might not advertise it as soft start anymore (they used to do so) but soft start is exactly the way it operates...maybe call it a "delayed reaction" start if Powakaddy prefer that term.