Powakaddy - on/off button

cvieri32

Hacker
Visit site
Hi,

I recently purchased a Powakaddy FW7 and aside from the switch on the battery, am unable to locate an on/off switch.
Does one actually exist? It seems strange the only off button requires the battery to be removed.
The instructions suggest holding down the main button, however, I’ve tried this with no joy.
Unfortunately Powakaddy are currently shut for Xmas and therefore are unable to answer his questiom and their website / Google has failed to discover a solution.

Many thanks in advance

cvieri32

Hacker
Visit site
When I say turn off, I mean switch the screen off etc. The main disc button works fine in terms of setting the Powakaddy to stop start. Not sure if that helps?!

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I can’t imagine a time where you’d want it switched off as they recommend you don’t transport with the battery connected don’t they?

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve got a new FW3 and the only way to turn the trolley off completely is the isolation button on the underside of the battery. Think the FW7 might be the same according to the instruction.

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
I have the FW5 and as Martyn says, I just take the battery out and push the isolation switch on the bottom of that at the end of a round.

The battery always needs topping up after a round anyway so may as well take it out at that point, trolley lives in my car boot.

cvieri32

Hacker
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, this is reassuring!
Guess I’m thinking when leaving outside the clubhouse, seems strange for it to be left on eating the battery, but, hey ho, looks like that is the case.

It is strange though as the quick start guide has a picture suggesting there’s is an on / off option from thr main button, but, it isn’t very clear.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, this is reassuring!
Guess I’m thinking when leaving outside the clubhouse, seems strange for it to be left on eating the battery, but, hey ho, looks like that is the case.

It is strange though as the quick start guide has a picture suggesting there’s is an on / off option from thr main button, but, it isn’t very clear.
yeah I’ve just taken a look at them online. I get why you’ve thought there was an on/off function but it’s a power indicator to show in drive mode rather than on/off. It’s typical pointless marketing in my view. Powakaddy’s are great trollies but half the crap on their displays are pointless.

Don’t worry about battery usage while outside the clubhouse. Unless it’s moving it will use next to nothing for the display and powakaddy battery life is very good.

cvieri32

Hacker
Visit site
yeah I’ve just taken a look at them online. I get why you’ve thought there was an on/off function but it’s a power indicator to show in drive mode rather than on/off. It’s typical pointless marketing in my view. Powakaddy’s are great trollies but half the crap on their displays are pointless.

Don’t worry about battery usage while outside the clubhouse. Unless it’s moving it will use next to nothing for the display and powakaddy battery life is very good.
Excellent, many thanks! Looking forward to giving it a go tomorrow now!