Poult Wood, Tonbridge

simsini

Visit site
A friend of mine is getting into golf, so I thought it would be easiest to try out the council run course locally in Tonbridge. I wasn't expecting much for £19 a round, but the course is in excellent condition and the greens were absolutely superb. Some good variation between open and tree lined holes, dog legs etc. It's not overly long, but then this type of course shouldn't be that long anyway. Recommended if you are in the area and on a budget.

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I played it many years ago, didn't the students from the nearby agricultural college maintain it for the learning experience ?

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hadlow college, they do green keeping courses there, I did think about doing this when I was made redundant but decided against it when I realised what the start times for work would be

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Yup, I've not been this year but played it plenty. The 9 hole across the road is good for a bit of short game practice too.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My dad and uncle used to play it every Monday. I used to tag along if I was off work that day. Lovely course. Very tight in parts

Great condition for a council owned course and very reasonable pricing

Shame both aren't in any condition to play golf anymore as I'd defo return

Never seen anyone make the 18 in 2.. such a beast

anatollorexforddd

Visit site
Hadlow college, they do green keeping courses there, I did think about doing this when I was made redundant but decided against it when I realised what the start times for work would be
I want to apply for it this year but I haven't found such a course. Besides this I am thinking of using this source https://edubirdie.com/ to be able to do my homework, it helped me a lot at school and I hope it will also be useful at college, in fact it is a very good life hack for me, I think many already know about it but anyway I decided to mention it because it really is very useful.

Last edited: