Posting a golf bag

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi All.
Sure ive seen a topic on this in the past but couldnt find it in the search.

Has anyone posted a golf bag through royal mail? How did you package it up? What did it cost?

Cheers

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes loads of times
In a box pretty straight forward.
If no box wrap in bubble wrap and double black bag it.
Cost will depend on cost of bag because I usually insure it for full amount.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have always use myhermes and the cost of boxed bag is around £8 dependent on weight and value and if you want it insured.
If you use black bags make sure they are heavy duty ones.
It is the same with all packing just imagine the parcel being held about 6-8' from a wall and being hurled against it.

Royal Mail Hermes Saving
0-1kg £5.10 £2.95 £2.15 1-2kg £5.10 £4.40 £0.70 2-5kg £8.79 £5.80 £3.51 5-10kg £20.25 £6.98

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
I've moved from selling golf stuff on Ebay & Posting to Facebook Marketplace and then most items sell locally which means no postage. The buyer also actually sees the item as I had a couple of Ebay sales where the buyer changed their mind and Ebay insisted I refund them plus I had to pay their return postage. One reason for return was that the grips were not as they expected despite that I highlighted they were in average condition and would need to be re-gripped and included close-up photos. What a waste of money

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
The last bag I bought from Ebay the seller had used two boxes which he had carefully unfolded, refolded and strong-taped together with open ends facing and the closed ends at the ends of the bag. He had stuck a large "This Way Up" sticker on as well. Inside this was the golf bag in two strong bin-liners as @jim8flog and @pokerjoke have suggested.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I popped into my proshop and asked if he had any spare boxes. Trick is to get to them before they put them through the compactor...!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I popped into my proshop and asked if he had any spare boxes. Trick is to get to them before they put them through the compactor...!

I am similar. I regularly check the clubs recycle bins for appropriate boxes and store them at home on the ready. I also never throw away the boxes a lot of stuff comes in case I want to resell or use to repack the old stuff in.

sunshine

Visit site
I have always use myhermes and the cost of boxed bag is around £8 dependent on weight and value and if you want it insured.
If you use black bags make sure they are heavy duty ones.
It is the same with all packing just imagine the parcel being held about 6-8' from a wall and being hurled against it.

Royal Mail Hermes Saving
0-1kg £5.10 £2.95 £2.15 1-2kg £5.10 £4.40 £0.70 2-5kg £8.79 £5.80 £3.51 5-10kg £20.25 £6.98

(y) Exactly this for me.

But after reading this I'm now humming "heavy duty black bin bags" from Phoenix Nights :LOL: