Port Meirion - anyone visited ?

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi lads , my GF has said that she's always wanted to visit Port Meirion and i was thinking of trying to arrange a trip in mid to late march for her birthday . Has anyone here visiited and stayed in the area ?

I'm guessing it's pretty expensive but as its a once-in-a-lifetime trip , i think i might be able to stretch to it. It'll only be for a couple of nights but if anyone has stayed in the village or surrounding area , i'd appreciate any tips/ideas on making it as painless as possible .

Paul

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its worth a visit but I'd only stay for a weekend - unless you're wanting to explore the wider area (which is worth it in it's own right). Have a look at the portmeirion village web site.

A couple hundred quid should get you a weekend at the hotel there? Or possibly can do it cheaper if you stay outside - in Porthmadoc for instance - and visit during the day?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Its good for a day trip or an overnight stay, but after that you are pushing it, after all, it is a fantasy place, not real, no history really. just a big folly

However there are loads of other things to do in the area

Catch the Ffestiniog Railway from Porthmadoc
Drive to Harlech Castle
Climb Mount Snowden
Fan Belt and wellies may come in useful too!!!