Porcelain Paving & internal tiles

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Finally looks like our builder might turn up (he is only 6 months late).... doing a raised patio (because we have a sloping garden and a side extension. The extension will have bifolds that open into the patio. One of the things we are thinking about is to put Porcelain paving inside and outside to create a seamless feel. Also we are thinking of wet underfloor heating inside. Any suggestions / watch outs? Came across https://royalestones.co.uk/ based on friends recommendation as a place to source them.

ps: Like grand designs, we are at the start of the project, so we have grand ideas. Soon we will run out of money and it will be wooden decking from Wicks... but man has to dream

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Not wishing to come across all Kevin McCloud (i.e. negative and miserable) but wouldn't porcelain be a little bit slippery underfoot?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Bro in law has had his done in porcelain. A good pal of mine has fitted loads. It really does look nice. Am sure they use this company.

A word of advice, check every tile when it is delivered. Bro in law had some delivered which were broken. The builder had a bit of a battle getting them replaced.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
We put 90m² of porcelain tiles down in our back garden when we did it last year. The outdoor stuff is really grippy unless it freezes - when even a light frost turns it into an ice rink 😂.

1000088063.jpg

It does look really smart. A mate laid ours and did a belting job apart from never coming back to do the grouting and pointing 🤦‍♂️.

paddyjk

Banned
Visit site
I had my kitchen floor tiled and it does look really good. A little cold in the winter maybe . I'm going to tackle the patio soon, won't be going for that through look though. But I've seen others and it does look really nice

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Only 2 week into the build.. found out that we need a new soakaway and other bits and bobs … so the porcelain tiles will have to wait. Looks like Indian sandstone may be the answer after all

My new pet is trying to see if we can get a corner window. Does not seems like everyone does it either. havrnt heard from my structural guy if we need a different way to support that corner. Now is the time to make the change before things are set in concrete