Poll: Stats use in relation to Handicap level

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
key stat for me these days is the double bogey to post game beers ratio. I try to keep them broadly in line but this does mean I tend to get quite drunk after a game a lot of the time :)

I spend a lot of my time gambling on sports based on stats, mainly cricket but golf too, the last thing I want to do is start assessing my game on this basis. I dont need stats to tell me I drive the ball like a high handicapper and my short game has good and bad days. If I keep it in play off the tee and dont have a bad short game day I tend to score pretty well, if i dont i dont

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Used to keep them, using golfshake. Initially did it for fun but found it quite revealing. What I thought my weakness was wasn't exactly true. If you're someone who practices a lot it can highlight areas to practice.

Not bothered for a few years now. I just hit the ball and have fun.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I used to use Scoresaver but my game can swing so far either way that that there's little consistency in my stats.
I can drive well, putt well but approach badly, drive badly, approach well and putt badly etc etc etc...
I keep toying with the idea of GameGolf or Shotscope but I'm not convinced I'm actually going to get useful info from them.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm a hacker (16) and have never, would never keep stats. Playing golf takes a lot of time and I simply don't have the time. I also don't need to. I do analyse post round in my head and know my weaknesses well. Even without thinking I know when I am improving in those areas or not as the case may be