plus 10 driver

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
does anyone have any views on the nothwestern pro plus10 driver? that until the launch of the slazenger k1 was really given the hard sell on the golf channel

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
Think its a gimmicky piece of kit created specifically to sell to TV audiences, you'll find much better clubs on the market for a similar price!

BigStu

Hacker
Visit site
Well said Paul!

Is the Slazenger K1 not priced at about £169? I know there are a few things thrown in but think of the second hand value. If you buy a Ping, Callaway, Titleist or other similar brand driver for about £199 at least after using it for a while you could still expect to sell it for around half the value. Who is going to want to buy a second hand Slazenger? Even with all the extras!

I have had a hit with a Plus 10 and I thought it was terrible! Don't know about the K1.

chipin1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hear hear - couldn't have said it better myself.

I think you are far better buying a more established brand. Even a second hand Ping G2 - that would cost you under £100 and with the money you save you could buy another club or a whole load of accessories.

MacMachattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't think people put enough emphasis on the shaft. When I bought my last driver -Titleist 905T- (no bigStu and Chipin1, it wasn't a Maruman persimmon head with rifle shaft.) I first tried it with an NV shaft and couldn't hit it at all. I then had a go with the Graffaloy Blue shaft and it was brilliant - never found a driver I could hit so consistently. Same head, same loft. Only the shaft was different.

chipin1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Titleist 905T!

Next you'll be telling us that you are no longer playing a small Dunlop 65...

Not sure what sort of a shaft you'd get with the Slazenger K1, probably not the quality of a Graffaloy Blue

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
Don't believe any thing those adverts tell you! go to a pro and test some proper golf clubs out-it will be so much better for your game.

funnyoldgame

Visit site
Had a whack with the plus 10 yesterday and as well as it making an awful sound, it was no better than my current Dunlop 65i driver priced at £7.98!!!