Please forgive me, I have strayed (again).

johng

Head Pro
southerndowngolfclub.co.uk
I have been tempted away from the rock solid, supportive, understanding and homely beauty of my Titleist 704's :(. The culprit - a set of east asian curves that are more stunning than an australian sunset. (Mizuno MP-60's) :p

It began innocently enough, my current companions were looking abit run down and I was talking to the pro about new grips, one thing led to another and the topic of new clubs came up. I'd been fancying the new Titleist ZB's and she told me they were awesome but didn't have any demo clubs available. So yesterday afternoon was spent hunting a set down to try. Finally managed this at a local retailer (golfbuyitonline - quite close to where I live). Disappointing is all I can say. Felt really heavy in the head and weren't for me - though they do look fantastic. To aid recovery from my disappointment I then went to AGDC for a browse only to discover that they are selling Mizuno MP-60's for £339 - WOW. Felt brilliant, nice and light when swinging and did I mention they look the muts?

Quick warm up with them later and a league game tonight for the moment of truth.

On second thoughts sod your forgiveness as earlier requested!! :mad:

any tips on keeping them clean and lovely - apart from not using them?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Went to a demo day yesterday and been tempted by a set of X20's in graphite. Had a set in steel before and couldn't get on with them but these were so easy to hit. AG will do me a good deal and the Callaway bloke tested me so I know I need 1 degree upright. HID said yes but think she is having second doubts. Might have to do the deal before she puts a block on. Loved their wedges too but that might be a bridge too far

B

birdieman

Come on you two, as Mr T would say in the new Snickers ad -

"You're an embarrasment to the man race" :eek:

Ignore the wife and just buy the damn clubs and be proud! :cool:

...sneaks away to ask HID if he can play a week Saturday!

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
I must have the best woman in the world. She NEVER gives me crap about anything really. As long as the bills are paid, her and sprog are comfortable and she gets her bit of R&R she is happy as larry.

She never objects to new gear, in fact I am coveting a new Titleist cart-bag at the moment and when it is back in stock, it shall be mine!

Plantie

Medal Winner
Visit site
Jon I'm with you, mine is cool too. Whatever whenever as long as I am being responsible with the bills...

I even took her up the range the other night and got her hitting some balls...! It was weird but nice in a way...

:) - Having spent well over a grand in the last 6 weeks on new kit!

P.

dangermouse

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As long as I use anything new before she sees it all shiny, I can get away with telling her that she has gone mad, and I have always had these irons/driver/putter!

Am sure she does the same with new clothes with me!

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I really must have a clear out of sets of clubs, I've got spare.

Just think, alongside the Yonnex C280's I've been using for the past season or so, I've got Lynx CST-1's, Hippo Powerstrikes with graphite shafts, Nike CPR's, all with very little use timewise, not to mention, a collection of putters that want thining out, & drivers, well the drivers I've got could stock out a small proshop. almost as many golf bags as my missus has handbags. Somehow we've managed to collect 4 pull carts, mainly because We drove all the way to West Wales for a golfing holiday & discovered there was something missing out of the boot.... the pull carts, so it was straight into the Pro-shop at Penrhos golf & country club... (Wow what a course) & bought two brand new pull carts. What was really narling, was after two days into the week she wanted to hire a golf buggy... :rolleyes:

Mind you it was fun, like being in the RAC ralley, going up & down the hills there.

Back on topic now... Was being tempted by lots of irons in European golf last week, though there were also the same clubs as I currently use & am contemplating getting a spare set of 280's

mrobbie

Club Champion
Visit site
HID would go nutty if I had a stock of golf bats in the house! If I want a new club, then the one it replaces has to go.

But she has been awesome in the past with me buying clubs - she knows its the only hobby I have now that I have outgrown car stereos and alloy wheels! The last 15 months have seen me get a new putter, driver, irons, wedges, bag and numerous balls!

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
shewhomustbeobeyed is brill if enuf hints are dropped.managed to rope her eldest(good guy,got me into the G.C.)into the act ......new clubs needed to improve,better grips,loger,straighter hits etc,etc anyway come xmas santa has delivered spanking new wilsonD17s+bag...hit them good 50% of time,should i go to irvine and get fitted?????