Playmoregolf membership?

Moondude

Visit site
Hi all,

Please excuse any etiquette errors that I make as I'm new to the forum.

I am considering joining the playmoregolf membership and wondered if anyone on here is already a member and can share their experience. Or does anyone know of anyone that is already a member and has any reports good or bad?

Cheers

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am in the same position as you. I am looking at Linden Hall on this scheme and am likely to join come the end of March. I have only found one other person who is on the scheme and it works for them. You get full membership rights, no catches there.

The key is looking at the points matrix and establishing whether you will get enough rounds with the points given. I think I should, Linden does not take many points from you, and if i need to top up it is £65 for an extra 20 points. That is still a lot less than full membership there in my case and I can't see me needing more than one top up if that.

My own view is that if you want to play every competition at Saturday peak time then Playmore does not make sense. If you will only play a few comps and are happy to play outside of peak times, ie evenings after work, afternoons at weekends, then it should suit pretty well. Which course are you thinking of?

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not the same thing exactly, but it might help with the decision.

I am on a limited membership at East Sussex National and I think, with the points I get, I can play maybe 12-15 full rounds depending on what time of year, day of the week etc. This includes most competitions and weekend roll ups. There is no way that (1) I could afford full membership and (2) have the time to justify full membership. So for me, the limited membership works well but I have to be careful in terms of planning when I play. that's it really.

As long as you are happy with being flexible - venue, when you play - month, day, time - then no reason why Playmore wouldn't work for you.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
this came up as an ad. my fat fingers pressed on it, so had a look around. I'm surprised to see the club ive wanted to join on it... Houghwood

On the other thread the pmg guy said if you joined with a buddy you get 10 free points each. I'm wondering if it has to be at the same club? If not LT, we could buddy up?

Also he mentioned a promo code, anyone know where to find it?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Davemc1 - I don't see that it matters which club you join, I think the referral system works across the board. If I join it will be the end of March, my current membership runs until then. If I go for it I will PM you and we can sort the referral out. Silly for us both not to pick up an extra 10 points :thup:. When will you be looking to join? If it is earlier then try to join up with another member, to pick up your points, and I will contact you so that I am your referral. Obviously we can do it the other way around if I join first. Either way, we can sort something out so that we both gain.

Hopefully others will pick up on this and referrals can be shared out. Both parties benefit equally so there is nothing sneaky about it.

They send out promo codes via email every so often, usually during quiet times. I kept getting them offering extra points if I joined before the end of January. Too early for me so I didn't bother. You probably have to register on the playmore site to get these. That does mean you will get quite a pushy phone call, they must be commision driven, but you just have to be firm with them. Maybe they can offer you a promo code when they ring, a deal maker so to speak. Worth trying if you are definitely going for it.

Mind, if we buddy up it doesn't mean I am going to wear ones of those half and half scarves :D

Moondude

Visit site
I was also thinking of Houghwood or one of the Cheshire clubs as I'm in Wirral. It will probably be the next couple of weeks for me if ever though but I'll get in touch with you both as it makes sense to take advantage of any offers! Maybe we should ask for further points if the three of us join at the same time? Anyone else interested!?!?

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well this is looking good, especially if we both join Houghwood :thup: I'm not that fussed on timing of joining up, definitely before April would be the plan.

I'm a points based member at another club which I'd like to keep on. Not sure how itd work for hc purposes? I'll look into it in the coming weeks

LT, no need for the half an half now I have a new buddy :rofl:

Seriously tho, as mentioned, the more the merrier

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This membership might be perfect for me and a couple of friends

would love to to hear from people on it? E.g. Is the any catches. Can you actually book a tee time Saturday morning mid summer

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
You can book any time you like, you have full membership rights. What you need to check is how many points that tee time will cost you and how quickly it will eat into your 80 points.

In my case I play a lot of evening golf which at my course will only cost 2 points per go. Summertime mid morning Saturday will cost me 7 points. You need to see your points matrix.

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You can book any time you like, you have full membership rights. What you need to check is how many points that tee time will cost you and how quickly it will eat into your 80 points.

In my case I play a lot of evening golf which at my course will only cost 2 points per go. Summertime mid morning Saturday will cost me 7 points. You need to see your points matrix.

excellent, that's perfect

Its 8 for a summer weekend morning and 3 for weekday evening. Intention is to play every other weekend in summer, and the evening in the other week. Once a month during winter months

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'll play a bit more evening golf than yourself but less prime time. I'm looking to play stableford comps but will miss most strokeplay ones. I know people will berate me, "it's the same blah blah" but it just doesn't feel it and it's my weekend. At worst I may have to buy one extra batch of 20 poinnts, £65, but I may not even have to do that. Some wags have suggested playing in the evening and not booking, hence losing no points. Scandalous suggestion :whistle:. I guess you try it for a year and see how it goes.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We must know the same wags 😁

12 months trail is the way to go for me. I can only do every other weekend max, the lads I play with mostly don't bother with membership and work can lead to funny days off.

sharp1983

Visit site
Hi I am looking at joining play more golf this week, does anyone who has a memebership want to send me their email and I can add them as the referrer for the free 10 points.

Many Thanks

oltimer

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

Please excuse any etiquette errors that I make as I'm new to the forum.

I am considering joining the playmoregolf membership and wondered if anyone on here is already a member and can share their experience. Or does anyone know of anyone that is already a member and has any reports good or bad?

Cheers
If you`re looking for cheap Golf, look at Ellesmere Port Golf Clubs web site you could play 250 weekday/times for £300+.

dronfield

Visit site
Hi

Im glad that this old post has been reopened because i am also looking at Playmore golf as an option when my subs are due for renewal in Dec.

My current club is affiliated to Playmore golf, and the deal looks great if you are happy to play at off peak times.

For those on the forum using PG, are there any disadvantages that have come to light that werent initially obvious?

A couple of questions that i have;

1, Are you classed as being a member of the club you select as "home" for handicap purposes - ie, are you details on HDID for that club?
2, Does the home club allow you to use their practice facilities?

Rich

shane3003

Visit site
Has anyone else received an email from PMG, informing them their club is changing the points matrix from 1st June?
I usually play in the evenings where the cost is 2/3 points per round, which is why I went this route. However, from this week it’s going to now be 4/6 points which in effect halves the number of rounds possible.