Playing with a junior

MarkS

Assistant Pro
Visit site
hi all

i am playing with my brother and my nephew next week. To add a bit of spice we are thinking making it competitive, but as i have never played with a junior before i am not sure of the best format.
Can anyone suggest the best way of scoring?
I play off 22
brother has no handicap but i suggest he would be 26
Nephew is 14 plays off a junior handicap - not sure what it currently is.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
£10skins sort the men from the boys! HAHA.
You could play something that concenrrated on tge short game as distance will be no competition. say 3 points for a single putt, 2 for a 2 putt and 1 for anything worse , this will keep it positive rather than getting nothing and losing interest.

MarkS

Assistant Pro
Visit site
sorry, i was meaning more along the lines of stableford, but how do i put a juniors handicap into teh mix.
Apparently his h/c is 32 ish.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
If he said his handicap is 32 that means 3.2 if he's like the juniors at our club its all they do is play golf , the lucky gets , so beware. :)

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
If he said his handicap is 32 that means 3.2 if he's like the juniors at our club its all they do is play golf , the lucky gets , so beware. :)

Our juniors play off the normal tees/h'cap.
The only difference between seniors and juniors, is juniors can play up to 32 (or, I think maybe even 36). 28 in the max for men's.

Most play off an "everyday" figure and are difficult to beat.... :)

n8dog

Club Champion
Visit site
Yes, me and the other juniors at our course play from the back tees in tournaments (mostly not allowed for practice). I am also 14 but hit it a long way for my age (sorry if this sounds cocky). Watch him hit some shots and ask him what format he has had previous experience at. Choose one which will make you 3 most competitive.